So almost five years ago I became a Mummy for the first time but because of things like poor planning on our part, I missed Mother's Day the year Wee Z was born. My first Mother's Day was spent together after I got to have a long lie and it was really lovely knowing I could (finally) join the club!
After 4 years practise, my ideal Mother's Day consists of the following:
- A long lie
- A cup of tea in bed
- A chance to have a shower/bath to myself with no interruptions, such as a child popping my bubbles or cats pawing at the water ripples
- Breakfast/lunch (depending what time the long lie finishes) made for me
- Something handmade from the kids (ideally a cake!)
- A nice long walk with the kids (to work off the cake and the chocolate)
- A film together on the couch cuddled up under a duvet
- Dinner made for me or even better, the takeaway phoned in for me
- Lots of cuddles from Wee Z, Miss C and Husband too
- An early night (cause I've had such a strenuous day!)
I'm including this post on the Next Bloggers Network as part of their Mother's Day prompt.