For Flashback Friday this week, I'm continuing my pregnancy story. Last time, I had just given birth to my beautiful little boy, Wee Z.
I thought I might get a few hours sleep. Maybe wake at 7am feeling a bit more myself and not so hazy and exhausted. Wee Z had other plans.
We had arrived on the ward at around 2:30am and Husband was sent straight home. I was by myself in the room with Wee Z. I did fall asleep straightaway but about an hour or so later, they brought another lady into the room. This woke Wee Z up.
I decided to try and feed him so I got him latched on. It was agony. I had thought breastfeeding was supposed to be the most natural thing on the planet. Whoever wrote that you should feel no pain clearly had never breastfed before in their life. Or they had the pain threshold of a God.
I called the midwife to come and check my positioning as after a minute I was still in agony. Apparently he wasn't on properly, so I took him off and tried again. The midwife was happy that he was on properly but I was still so sore. It felt like my boob was on fire. The midwife told me that it shouldn't hurt and if it did to take him off and try again and then she left.
Eventually Wee Z went back to sleep so I put him in his cot beside me and tried to go back to sleep myself. I think we lasted an hour before he was up again and the whole routine of trying to feed without pain began again.
By the time the sensible hours of the morning came, Husband was allowed to visit and he took Wee Z from me so I could have a wash and get some breakfast. Wee Z slept for most of the day. I, on the other hand, was up and talking to visitors who had come to see Wee Z when I should have been trying to rest too. Or trying to feed Wee Z.
I was hoping I'd get a sleep that night and yet again, Wee Z had other plans for us...
- ► 2016 (391)
- ► 2015 (473)
- ► 2014 (505)
- Spot the Sillies Pesky Pirate Puzzle - Review
- Learning About Money Made Fun
- What We Did Last Week #WeekEight
- Project 365 #WeekEight
- #SatCap and #SocialPix
- Look Out, Ladybird - Little Tiger Press Review
- Spicy Butternut Squash Soup - Recipe
- Flashback Friday - The First Night
- Boys #TheGallery
- Outdoor Play in the Sun
- How to Make Rainbow Cupcakes
- What We Did Last Week #WeekSeven
- Project 365 #WeekSeven
- Flashback Friday - A Valentine's Day Photo
- Funny Things My Kids Say #18
- Girls #TheGallery
- My Dream Shoes
- Half Term Fun
- What We Did Last Week #WeekSix
- Project 365 #WeekSix
- A Tiny Twisted Tale Collection - Book Review
- Flashback Friday - Meeting My Baby Boy
- Big Police Car Jigsaw from Orchard Toys - Review
- ANT and BEE Books - Review and Giveaway
- Noses #TheGallery
- Pirate Shapes from Orchard Toys - Review
- Let Them Paint
- Find Me a Gift for Valentine's Day - Giveaway
- What We Did Last Week #WeekFive
- Project 365 #WeekFive
- Flashback Friday - The Delivery
- ▼ February (39)
- ► 2012 (364)
- ► 2011 (229)
- ► 2010 (101)