However, Husband and I being equally stubborn, we did agree on some things that we would definitely not do when we had children. And we stuck to them. Read stubborn above and that is why (and how) we managed to stick to our plans.
- Babies will sleep in their cot
- We will not use baby talk
- We will not give them any fizzy juice
And here are some of the things we went in to parenting with a firm hat on and caved at the first hurdle:
- No dummies - Wee Z had one within 2 weeks. Miss C, sadly, would not take one.
- No peeing in the street - Good luck with not ever having to do that when you are potty training.
- Using jars of baby food - Only used them once and Wee Z refused to eat them anyways.
- Shouting at our children - If you don't shout at your children, you must have the patience of a Saint.