Our weekend was rather damp and miserable which was a shame given that the rest of the UK seemed to be enjoying some lovely BBQ weather.
This photo was taken at a fund raiser day. The fund raiser was to help a young boy who has terminal cancer enjoy a holiday of a lifetime before he passes away. The weather was gloomy but we still went along and did our bit to help out.
Miss C is holding her favourite owl from a local owl display company. This owl is called Honey and Miss C loves her. She holds her every time we see the owls out and about in town. I've booked them for her birthday party at the end of the month. She doesn't know they are coming. I can't wait to see her face.
As well as the owls, there was a bouncy castle, raffles, cake stalls, face painting and toy stalls. There was a sponsored head shave which was done by a very brave lady. Her hair will grow back within a year she said when people asked her how she could do it. The little boy might not make it a year.
This was how we spent our bank holiday weekend. Having fun, raising money, holding owls and remembering what is important in life.
- ► 2016 (422)
- ► 2015 (473)
- ► 2014 (505)
- Flashback Friday - Wee Z's first birthday
- My Son's Sixth Year in Photos
- The Birthday Party
- A Letter to my Four Year Old Miss C
- What We Did Last Week #WeekTwentyOne
- 365 Project Days 139 - 145
- The Plans for the Birthday Party
- Bouncing High #CountryKids
- Baa Baa from Orchard Toys - Review
- Flashback Friday - Miss C's First Birthday
- My Daughter's Fourth Year in Photos
- Drink #TheGallery
- Our Favourite Walks
- What We Did Last Week #WeekTwenty
- 365 Project Days 132 - 138
- Splashing in the Puddles #CountryKids
- Flashback Friday - Weaning
- Explaining Death to your Children
- New #TheGallery
- Little Orchard Game from Haba - Review
- The Day My Boy Recognised Numbers
- What We Did Last Week #WeekNineteen
- 365 Project Days 125 - 131
- Our Walks This Week #CountryKids
- My First Night Out After Giving Birth #FlashbackFr...
- The Weekend #TheGallery
- The First Missing Tooth
- Chocolate Creme Egg Splats Brownies - Recipe
- The Elite Squad
- Funny Things My Kids Say #23
- What We Did Last Week #WeekEighteen
- 365 Project - Days 118 - 124
- Finding Something Yellow #CountryKids
- Flashback Friday - The Naming Ceremony
- My Blue Nose Friends - Review
- Self Portrait #TheGallery
- ▼ May (40)
- ► 2012 (364)
- ► 2011 (229)
- ► 2010 (101)