P&G commissioned research and conducted a survey with new Mums. The results would help P&G launch their Everyday Effect campaign. The study, of 2000 women, found that just being able to lie in bed is the main thing they miss in the weeks after having a new baby, followed by uninterrupted nights in with their partners. The biggest thing I missed was just being able to leave the house as soon as I was ready and go wherever I needed or wanted to be.
15% of Mums were happy when a loved one or a friend offered to cook them a meal while 14% were grateful of offers to clean the house so they could make the most of their time with their new baby. One in four Mums were happy for friends or family to take their baby for a little while so they could have some time to themselves. I was happy for a cup of tea being made for me whenever someone came to visit Wee Z or Miss C in the early days and Husband made my dinners for me whilst I was feeding them.
Some of the other things Mums missed in the first few weeks after giving birth were:
- Lying in bed when they were tired
- Eating out
- Night out with partner
- Going to the cinema
- Shopping with friends
Another thing that goes out the window when you have a baby is your beauty regime. You choose to have some extra sleep instead of getting up early to put your face on. Here is how new Mums felt about their beauty regime after giving birth:
- Two thirds of Mums said the amount of time they spent on their beauty regime in the weeks immediately after their baby was born decreased. But almost one in ten (8%) spent MORE time on their appearance.
- While 29% of women used the same make-up after they had given birth, 43% said they didn't use any as they didn't have time.
- And when it comes to hairdressers, new Mums also struggle to find the time with 22% saying they used to have regular appointments but now they rarely go. And 15% say they never go anymore.
- A third of Mums admitted they stopped using their regular perfume after the birth of their baby as they wanted their baby to recognise their scent.
I certainly don't spend as much time as I used to on my beauty regime now I have kids. I rarely wear make-up unless we're going out somewhere special but I do make sure I moisturise every day and I have regular hair appointments thanks to my fabulous hairdresser going mobile which means she can come to my house and I don't need to worry about finding a babysitter for the kids.
Every Mum deserves a bit of pampering and some "Me" time and I have some lovely products available to giveaway thanks to P&G. One lucky reader will receive a hamper filled with the following goodies:
- Pantene Shampoo and Conditioner
- Gilette Venus and Olay razor
- Febreeze candle
- Max Factor Mascara
- The book "5 minutes peace" by Jill Murphy for the kids to enjoy
To enter, simply fill in the rafflecopter form. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This giveaway is open to UK residents only. The prize is a hamper of goodies as detailed above. No cash alternative. The giveaway will close on Monday 26th August at 12:00am. The winner will be drawn at random from the valid entries received on the rafflecopter form. The winner will be notified within 48 hours of the giveaway ending. By entering the giveaway, you agree to having your details passed on to the PR sponsoring this giveaway.
I received the hamper goodies in return for this post.