For Flashback Friday last week, I posted a photo of my 20 week scan with Miss C. This week, I thought I'd share a picture of the 4D scan we had when I was around 27 weeks pregnant.
When I was pregnant with Wee Z, 4D scans were just starting to become available and it wasn't something I ever thought about having done. I think we were worried that we might end up seeing what we were having and we didn't want to know.
I'm not sure, then, what made us decide to have one when I was pregnant with Miss C but we did. They told us the best time to have the scan would be any time between 23 weeks and 30 weeks so I booked it for the beginning of March, just before I started my third trimester.
The clinic was in the middle of the city centre. My friend agreed to watch Wee Z for us so we could go ourselves. Husband had just been banned from driving after he was caught speeding (tsk, tsk!) so I had to drive us there which was pretty stressful!
We didn't have to wait too long to be seen and it was all very relaxed and friendly and happy. There was another couple in before us and their baby wasn't playing ball so they were sent for a walk and some chocolate.
We had decided we didn't want to find out the sex of the baby but for some reason we decided too. The scan was amazing. It was so strange and yet so beautiful to see our little baby and what it actually looked like. The lady told us we were having a girl, she was 100% certain of that and showed us what we were looking at. I still didn't see the bits but if she said it was a girl then I was happy to believe her. Husband patted himself on the back for knowing it was a girl already.
She kept hiding her face behind her arm and kept sucking her thumb. It was really lovely to watch and we got to bring a DVD home of the scan to show friends and family. We didn't tell anyone what we were having though. We were keeping that surprise to ourselves.
- ► 2016 (390)
- ► 2015 (473)
- ► 2014 (505)
- Funny Things My Kids Say #25
- What We Did Last Week #Week38
- 365 Project Days 265 - 271
- Puppy Walks #CountryKids
- Flashback Friday - A False Alarm
- Spaghetti With The Yeti - Book Review
- Faces #TheGallery
- Cameron House: A Day Trip
- My First Disney Princess Smartphone - Review
- What We Did Last Week #Week37
- 365 Project Days 258 - 264
- Puddles #CountryKids
- Flashback Friday - Bumps and Toddlers
- What Did We See Today? #bootseyecheck
- Pigs in Pants from Orchard Toys - Review
- What's the Story? #7
- What We Did Last Week #Week36
- 365 Project Days 251 - 257
- Outdoors Through My Child's Eyes #CountryKids
- Flashback Friday - A 4D Scan
- Jo Pratt Madhouse Cookbook - Giveaway
- Selfie #TheGallery
- Hape Rock a Bye Cradle - Review
- What's the Story? #6
- What We Did Last Week #Week35
- 365 Project Days 244 - 250
- Signs of Autumn #CountryKids
- BIG Family School Year Diary - Review
- Flashback Friday - The 20 Week Scan
- Underpants Wonderpants Book - Review
- Funny Things My Kids Say #24
- Vertbaudet Autumn/Winter Clothing for Girls - Revi...
- Back to School #TheGallery
- What's the Story? #5
- Releasing our Butterflies #MagicMoments
- What We Did Last Week #Week34
- ▼ September (41)
- ► 2012 (364)
- ► 2011 (229)
- ► 2010 (101)