We received two pieces from the Vertbaudet Autumn/Winter collection to review.
I love the selection of clothes Vertbaudet offer and I get excited whenever I get their catalogue through in the post. Miss C likes to point out her favourite pieces too. I have to say, I'm a huge fan of their jeans for Wee Z as they fit him just right.
The first item we received was a lovely long sleeve top with a cute motif. This is from Vertbaudet's "Happy Price" range and costs between £8 and £12, depending what size you buy. It starts from age 2 and goes up to age 14 and comes in two different colours; off-white and dusty pink, the colour we received. I love butterflies, as does Miss C. She has lots of clothes with butterflies on them so this top will fit right in with her wardrobe. It would look lovely with a pair of jeans or shorts. It is thin enough to wear on a cool summer's day or could be worn underneath a cardigan in the winter months. It fits really well and it's made from 95% cotton and 5% elastane, so it has a bit of stretch to it too.
The second item we received was a gorgeous fleece lined raincoat. The outer part of the jacket is 100% cotton whilst the inside fleece material is 100% polyester. It comes in this really lovely yellow colour which Vertbaudet call Saffron. I love the detail along the bottom of the raincoat and I really like the fitted look the raincoat has when worn. Inside the coat is a pocket for a photo or name card and also a place to write your child's name. The hood is removable however, I think it would have been better if you could have rolled it up and stored it within the neck area of the coat so that it is always there. It costs between £35 and £38 depending of the size you buy. This is probably a little more than I would tend to spend on a raincoat however, the price is definitely reflected in the quality.
Both items of clothing are machine washable and they both washed up pretty well, especially the raincoat which I thought might have come out looking worn or possibly peeling on the outside. The long sleeve top ironed well however, the raincoat didn't iron great and I was worried about the fleece lining sticking to my iron. A cool setting didn't really get the creases out but once I hung the coat up for awhile, it looked better.
I'd definitely buy from Vertbaudet as they have some lovely items and I'm a huge fan of their jeans for Wee Z. I also love that most of their clothes can be worn different ways thanks to cleverly placed buttons or the cut of a dress. I do think you'll pay a bit more than you would on the high street however, you definitely get your monies worth in terms of quality and longevity. I have some dresses that Miss C got last year that are still going strong.
We received these clothing items from Vertbaudet for the purposes of a review. The prices quoted may be subject to change; please check on the Vertbaudet website. The opinions expressed are my own.
- ► 2016 (290)
- ► 2015 (473)
- ► 2014 (506)
- Funny Things My Kids Say #25
- What We Did Last Week #Week38
- 365 Project Days 265 - 271
- Puppy Walks #CountryKids
- Flashback Friday - A False Alarm
- Spaghetti With The Yeti - Book Review
- Faces #TheGallery
- Cameron House: A Day Trip
- My First Disney Princess Smartphone - Review
- What We Did Last Week #Week37
- 365 Project Days 258 - 264
- Puddles #CountryKids
- Flashback Friday - Bumps and Toddlers
- What Did We See Today? #bootseyecheck
- Pigs in Pants from Orchard Toys - Review
- What's the Story? #7
- What We Did Last Week #Week36
- 365 Project Days 251 - 257
- Outdoors Through My Child's Eyes #CountryKids
- Flashback Friday - A 4D Scan
- Jo Pratt Madhouse Cookbook - Giveaway
- Selfie #TheGallery
- Hape Rock a Bye Cradle - Review
- What's the Story? #6
- What We Did Last Week #Week35
- 365 Project Days 244 - 250
- Signs of Autumn #CountryKids
- BIG Family School Year Diary - Review
- Flashback Friday - The 20 Week Scan
- Underpants Wonderpants Book - Review
- Funny Things My Kids Say #24
- Vertbaudet Autumn/Winter Clothing for Girls - Revi...
- Back to School #TheGallery
- What's the Story? #5
- Releasing our Butterflies #MagicMoments
- What We Did Last Week #Week34
- ▼ September (41)
- ► 2012 (364)
- ► 2011 (229)
- ► 2010 (101)