We received The Black and White Club to review. This is a picture book from Marverick Publishing, written by Alice Hemming and illustrated by Kimberley Scott.
This book is about the Heavenly Hippos Wildlife Park where a giraffe called George stays alongside lots of other animals. The penguins have made a new club where the animals can go to to play dominoes. George is desperate to join in but he can't; the club is only open to the black and white animals of the wildlife park. George tries to sneak in to the club and also tries to change the way he looks to join in but nothing works. George decides to make his own club where everyone can join in and it works out much better for the park animals.
The Black and White Club is a lovely book to read and it's a good book for talking about differences such as the different coloured animals. It's also a good book for learning about opposites such as which animals are tall and which animals are short.
This is a great book for talking about fitting in and playing together and the importance of being yourself and not trying to be like others just so you can join in.
Miss C really enjoyed this book because she loves animals and loved pointing out the different zoo animals she spotted.
We received this book for the purposes of a review. The opinions expressed are my own.
- ► 2016 (422)
- ► 2015 (473)
- ► 2014 (505)
- Me & Mine #1
- Halloween #TheGallery
- What We Did Last Week #Week42
- 365 Project Days 286 - 299
- Walking to Disneyland #CountryKids
- Disneyland Paris - Our Review
- Flashback Friday - Coming Home
- Our Week in Disneyland Paris - Day 4
- Our Week in Disneyland Paris - Day 3
- Body Parts #TheGallery
- Our Week at Disneyland Paris - Days 1 & 2
- Hunting for Chestnuts #CountryKids
- Flashback Friday - Meeting a Sister
- Nanny Fox - Book Review
- Packed and Ready to go #TheGallery
- The Topsy-Turvies - Book Review
- What's the Story? #9
- What We Did Last Week #Week40
- 365 Project Days 279 - 285
- Shadows #CountryKids
- Battroborg - Review
- Flashback Friday - Giving Birth to our Baby Girl
- Sunday Morning #TheGallery
- Mine! - Book Review
- What's the Story? #8
- Her First Tab #MagicMoments
- What We Did Last Week #Week39
- 365 Project Days 272 - 278
- Running Through the Leaves #CountryKids
- Flashback Friday - Being Induced
- The Black and White Club -- Book Review
- Through the Eyes of my Phone #TheGallery
- Miss Dorothy-Jane Was Ever So Vain! - Book Review
- ▼ October (36)
- ► 2012 (364)
- ► 2011 (229)
- ► 2010 (101)