I love cooking and baking, especially if I can get the kids involved. Wee Z likes to help where sweet things are concerned but Miss C loves helping with any aspect of preparing a meal. Even if it's just whisking the eggs for scrambled eggs or putting chopped banana in a bowl, she loves helping with food.
Great British Chefs is website that provides food lovers, like me, with over 1500 recipes and cooking tips from some of the countries best chefs. One of my favourites is on there, Paul Ainsworth, who I loved watching on Great British Menu as well as Marcus Wareing, another Great British Menu and Masterchef favourite of mine.
Great British Chefs have recently launched a new Cooking with Kids app in association with Tesco. The app contains 105 easy-to-follow recipes which have all been designed with children in mind. The app also contains 25 "how-to" videos which show viewers how to beat eggs or how to crumb butter and flour.
We were asked to try one of their kids' recipes and we decided to go with American Pancakes. We love pancakes in our house. I use a scotch pancake recipe, which is very similar to the American Pancake recipe however, I use self raising flour instead of plain flour and some baking powder.
The recipe was easy to follow and spread out over 6 steps. Miss C helped me measure out the ingredients, crack the eggs (her favourite part!) and also helped whisk the batter to get it lovely and smooth. A quick fry in a frying pan (or crepe pan if you have one!) and they were ready.
The pancakes tasted lovely, if a bit sweeter than the ones I normally make but this recipe calls for more sugar than my own and also calls for vanilla extract. The American Pancakes are definitely more of a dessert pancake, to be topped with maple syrup and pecan nuts.
My two decided they wanted to top theirs off with golden syrup and bananas. Delicious! I had mine with some bacon. Yummy!
- ► 2016 (422)
- ► 2015 (473)
- ► 2014 (505)
- 365 Project Days 356 - 365
- Me & Mine - Christmas 2013
- What We Did Last Week #Week51
- Our Christmas 2013 in Pictures
- What's the Story? - The Christmas Edition
- Funny Things My Kids Say #28
- What We Did Last Week #Week50
- 365 Project Days 342 - 355
- The Forest #CountryKids
- My Favourite Christmas Gift
- Our Christmas Wish Lists
- Flashback Friday - Her First Christmas
- Funny Things My Kids Say #27
- Christmas Tree #TheGallery
- The Carrot Cake Catastrophe - Book Review
- Father Christmas Comes Up Trumps - Book Review
- What's the Story? #15
- My Girl as a Snowflake #MagicMoments
- What We Did Last Week #Week49
- Scooter Rides and Walks with Felix #CountryKids
- Cooking with Kids with Great British Chefs
- The Night Before Christmas - Book Review
- Flashback Friday - Her First Dress
- experiencedays.co.uk £50 Voucher - Giveaway
- Feeling Festive #TheGallery
- Matalan Children's Costumes - Review
- What's the Story? #15
- A Second Tab and Almost a Green Belt #MagicMoments...
- What We Did Last Week #Week48
- 365 Project Days 335 - 341
- Keeping Warm in the Cold #CountryKids
- Flashback Friday - My First Blog Photo
- Fun and Affordable Children's Beds from TJ Hughes
- Chuggington Die-Cast Train Characters - Giveaway
- Greedy Gorilla from Orchard Toys - Review
- Mornings #TheGallery
- What's the Story? #13
- What We Did Last Week #Week47
- ▼ December (42)
- ► 2012 (364)
- ► 2011 (229)
- ► 2010 (101)