It's been over a week now since Christmas Day and yet, I'm still exhausted from the celebrations. We spent Christmas at home, just the four of us, and we had a brilliant day.
Christmas morning, we checked the clock and it was 8:30. We were really surprised the kids were still sleeping as they were hyper when they went to bed. Husband found a ring tone on his phone that sounded like Santa's sleigh bells ringing, and played it until the kids woke up. We keep their stockings in the hall, hanging from the banister and we put a gift from us underneath them. The kids came out of their own rooms and met at the stockings and whispered, "Our stockings are full! Santa must have been!"
They came into our room and sat on our bed to open their stockings and present. Wee Z got Pirates of the Caribbean Lego Xbox 360 game and Miss C got a singing Olaf from Frozen.
After breakfast, we opened the living room door to see if Santa had been, which he had. The kids were really excited to open their presents. Wee Z likes to open a present and have a good look whilst Miss C likes to open all the presents and then choose which one she likes the look of to play with.
Wee Z got quite a few Lego Star Wars sets, books, DVDs, Xbox 360 games and his favourite mosaics picture by numbers. He also got clothes, painting stuff and sweets. Miss C was delighted with her Playmobil sets and loved her Sylvanian Families furniture sets for her house. She also got a whopping 9 Disney Animator dolls which she had lined up to admire.
Husband's family came over with more presents for the kids and us after lunch. We had some buffet finger food to eat as we were saving room for our Christmas dinner at our favourite Italian restaurant. Wee Z sneaked his Uncle up to his room where they played Harry Potter Lego on the Xbox.
We went for dinner at 4pm. I drove so Husband could have a drink. The restaurant was really busy but we weren't rushed at all. The food was amazing. I had lobster ravioli which was delicious and Husband had turkey with all the trimmings. The restaurant were very accommodating of the kids and made them pizza and spaghetti bolognaise. We left the restaurant almost two hours later, ready to slip into a food coma.
When we got home, we watched a film together and then had an early night. I was so ready for my bed. We all were. Miss C was excited to wear her new PJs. It was the perfect Christmas Day especially since I didn't have to do any cooking or washing up afterwards.
- ► 2016 (328)
- ► 2015 (473)
- Flashback Friday - A Sibling Bond Begins
- Ways to Save Time and Money
- Me & Mine #3
- Rewind #TheGallery
- What's the Story? #19
- Pupil of the Week #MagicMoments
- The Week That Was #3
- Silent Sunday #4
- 365 Project 2014 Days 19 - 25
- A Day for Hats and Squirrel Spotting #CountryKids
- Flashback Friday - A Messy Girl
- Moments That Mattered in 2013
- Visiting the Theatre With Your Children
- Something Beautiful #TheGallery
- What's The Story? #18
- Me & You #1
- Swimming Awards #MagicMoments
- The Week That Was #2
- Silent Sunday #3
- 365 Project 2014 Days 12 - 18
- Flying Planes and Feeding Ducks #CountryKids
- Flashback Friday - Daddy's Birthday 2013
- New #TheGallery
- My Baby is Enrolled for School
- What's the Story? #17
- The Week That Was #1
- Silent Sunday #2
- 365 Project 2014 Days 5 - 11
- Finally Outdoors #CountryKids
- Sibling Moments #1
- Flashback Friday - Our First New Year as Four
- Mrs MacCready Was Ever So Greedy - Book Review
- A Look Ahead at 2014
- What's the Story? #16
- What We Did Last Week #Week52
- Silent Sunday #1
- The Highs and Lows of 2013
- 365 Project 2014 Days 1 - 4
- 14 Things for 2014
- Flashback Friday - Christmas Day 2013
- ▼ January (40)
- ► 2013 (480)
- ► 2012 (364)
- ► 2011 (229)
- ► 2010 (101)