Sunday, 12 January 2014

The Week That Was #1

Last Sunday, Husband let me have a lie-in until 10:30. He brought me a coffee in bed to wake me up. We had a lazy morning but, after lunch, I had to get Miss C ready for a birthday party. She had a great time seeing the boys and girls from nursery again. They played on the bouncy castle and ate some yummy party food. Wee Z stayed at home with Husband and watched the darts.

On Monday, it was back to normality and to routine. It wasn't too bad for me as I had already had a week of early rises for work but Husband had kept me up from about 4am with his snoring. By that time, it takes you ages to switch off again and by the time I did, my alarm went off. We walked to school which woke us all up. In the afternoon, Miss C played with her Playmobil swimming pool. We picked Wee Z up from school and he did his homework. He came up with some great sentences for his word homework!

On Tuesday, after work, Miss C wanted to play with her Playmobil swimming pool again. Santa did very well bringing it to her for Christmas. We picked Wee Z up from school and had to run home when it started to rain.

On Wednesday, it was a much nicer day. The sun was out! Miss C couldn't wait to get to nursery that morning as she ran all the way there. She ran all the way home from nursery and then ran all the way to school to pick up Wee Z. She only stopped for the occasional puddle jump.

On Thursday, it was my day off. I picked Miss C up from nursery and we headed in to town to pick up a few things and have lunch. We went from town to school to pick up Wee Z and his friend and his friend's big sister as they were coming to our house for a little while. Wee Z and his friend were happy playing Harry Potter on the Xbox whilst Miss C was completely taken with his big sister. They played with her toys and sat together to watch Curious George. I think Miss C might have quite happily traded her brother in to keep her new "big Sister".

On Friday, I picked Miss C up from nursery and we came home to make Chili Con Carne. I usually buy a pre-made tinned sauce but because Husband doesn't like kidney beans, I decided to try and make it from scratch, minus kidney beans. Miss C was a great helper. We picked Wee Z up from school and we were counting down the minutes until tea time so we could have some. It was yummy although I think I added to much liquid when it was cooking. Practise makes perfect!

On Saturday, I had to work. Husband took the kids to karate and then picked me up. In the afternoon, I spent 2 hours trying to get my acrylic nails off. They were really sore to get off and even though they looked lovely, I don't think I'll have them done again. We watched a film together after dinner and then had an early night.

No comments:

Previous Posts