We received Hold That Thought, Milton! from Parragon Books to review. It is written by Linda Ravin and illustrated by Ross Collins.
This book is about a young boy named Milton. He feels like no one listens to him. Whenever he has something to say his Mum tells him to wait, his Dad tells him to hang on and his brother just ignores him. All his thoughts start to build up in his head.
Milton has a pet frog called Burp, who goes missing. He is desperate to find him but when he tries to ask his family if they have seen him, they tell him to hold on as they are eager to get ready for a family wedding. Milton starts to develop strange side effects from the thoughts building up in his head and, in the end, it all ends in a big mess.
This is a really fun book with quirky pictures to match. The kids found it hilarious that the frog was called Burp and kept a close watch for Burp on each page of the book to be first to find his hiding place. I thought the book did a great job showing children how keeping important things to themselves can have a negative effect on them and the importance of sharing their feelings or concerns. I also thought it highlighted to adults the importance of really listening to their children and not brushing their worries off because they don't seem as big as the problems we face as adults.
Hold That Thought, Milton! is available to buy from Amazon.
We received this book for the purposes of a review. The opinions expressed are my own.
- ► 2016 (288)
- ► 2015 (473)
- Happy #TheGallery
- Me & Mine #4
- The Week That Was #16
- Silent Sunday #17
- 365 Project 2014 Days 110 - 116
- Easter Outdoor Fun #CountryKids
- Flashback Friday - Practising With the Walker
- Easter #TheGallery
- So That Was Easter
- Me & You #4
- The Week That Was #15
- Silent Sunday #16
- Project 365 2014 Days 103 - 109
- Playing in the Park #CountryKids
- Flashback Friday - Miss C's first Easter
- Enjoying a Healthy Breakfast
- How to Have a Fun-Filled Easter Holiday
- A Favourite Place #TheGallery
- Math Seeds - Review
- Woolly and Tig: Woolly at Nursery - Book Review
- The Week That Was #14
- Silent Sunday #15
- Project 365 2014 Days 96 - 102
- Scooter Rides to Town #CountryKids
- A Classic Day Out For Us
- A Beautiful Gift from Little Birdie House
- Flashback Friday - A Photo of Three Years Ago Toda...
- Sibling Moments #4
- A Photo I'm Proud of #TheGallery
- Hold That Thought, Milton! - Book Review
- Wee Z Almost Loses An Eye
- What's the Story? #26
- The Week That Was #13
- Silent Sunday #14
- 365 Project 2014 Days 89 - 95
- Flashback Friday - Making Miss K Laugh
- Thorntons Easter Eggs and Gifts - Review
- A First Trip To Edinburgh
- Maw Broon's Kitchen Goodies - Review
- What I'm Doing Right Now #TheGallery
- ▼ April (40)
- ► 2013 (480)
- ► 2012 (364)
- ► 2011 (229)
- ► 2010 (101)