Sunday, 11 January 2015

The Week That Was #2

Last Sunday, we were up early for horse riding. Miss C decided she wanted to ride a different horse today and chose to ride a lovely looking pony called Sonny. He's a bit bigger than Jock but Miss C really enjoyed riding him. He wouldn't go in to canter with a leader leading him though but that didn't put Miss C off. We signed her up for the Easter loan which is when they have a horse to themselves for the week and they go riding twice a day for an hour and learn all about mucking out the horses, grooming and feeding them. Jock was already booked so we chose Sonny instead. After lunch we went to look at TVs. Husband has his an eye on a 4K curved TV. Normally I can't tell the difference in the picture but I could really see a difference between the normal HD TVs and the new curved 4K HD TVs. Sadly, for Husband, they didn't have the one he wanted in stock. It was an early night for us all to be ready for the early rise for school and college.

On Monday, the alarm went off at 6am signalling the start of the new term at school and college. It was a rude awakening and I struggled to get up. Once I was up, I was fine. The kids got ready for school and I got ready for college and we set off whilst it was still dark outside. College wasn't too bad and eventually it felt like I hadn't been away. When I got home, the kids were playing together and Husband was getting dinner ready. An early night was needed after a hard day.

On Tuesday, I dropped the kids off at school and headed to college for my half day. It went in quite quickly and before I knew it, it was time to go home. With another report to do. I came home and got on with some of my work until it was time to pick up the kids. When we got home, Miss C helped me to make the bolognaise for dinner and Z decided he wanted to play outside with his new football from Santa.

On Wednesday, it was the first day back to placement after the holidays. The day went in quite quickly but I was exhausted when I got home. The kids were playing their tablets when I got in. They love wearing their headphones and watching stuff about Minecraft. After dinner and a shower, we cuddled up in bed for a book.

On Thursday, it was day two of placement. It was another quick day and when I got home, the kids were watching TV and eating waffles. I made dinner of macaroni cheese for them and soup for me and we had a chat about their day at school. After dinner, we got ready for bed and read a book.

On Friday, it was my day off. The weather was horrendous! I dropped the kids off at school and headed to the shops to get my food shop for the week. After lunch my hairdresser arrived to do my hair for a very glamorous evening out. Husband picked Miss C up from school as Z was going to his friend's house for dinner. I headed out with a few friends for the evening and we had a brilliant time. More about the night in a separate post.

On Saturday, the weather was horrid again. It went from being dry and sunny to full on hailstones and very windy within minutes throughout the day. We spent the day indoors, playing games and chilling out. What else is there to do on a miserable day?!

No comments:

Previous Posts