Sunday, 18 January 2015

The Week That Was #3

Last Sunday, it was another miserable day. We stayed in our jammies until lunch time and had sausage rolls for lunch. We only got changed when it was time to go to swimming lessons which felt like a chore. The kids did well at their lessons although Miss C was more excited to see her best friend in the pool and gave her lots of cuddles.

On Monday, it was back to school and college. I had a health exam which I think I did OK with. It was all about immunisations and allergies which will now forever be imprinted in my mind. I picked the kids up from my friend's house after college. They were hyper! We came home, did the homework and had dinner.

On Tuesday, I dropped the kids off at school and made a quick dash to college. The hailstones had started as we were halfway to school! I didn't have too busy a morning at college. I finished off all of my work for this semester which meant I was free to go home at 11.30am. It was freezing walking home so I was glad to get home for a coffee. I picked the kids up and we came home to get cosy. The kids played Minecraft (I really don't get it!) and I made dinner. After dinner, hot water bottles were made and showers were had to get snug for bedtime.

On Wednesday, it was placement day. I dropped the kids off at school in the hail. The road in our street was covered in snow and ice and, as we live at the bottom of a hill, there was no way I was going to get my car, in all its rear-wheel drive glory, out of my street. The bad weather never came to anything much and it was raining by mid-morning. When I got home, the kids were playing Minecraft again. They love it!

On Thursday, it was my second day of placement. It was a wild walk to school with the wind blowing a gale but at least it wasn't raining. The kids were playing when I got in so I got on with some housework and then we had dinner together. It was macaroni and cheese for tea!

On Friday, I dropped the kids off at school and headed to the shops. It was pretty chilly. I came home, put the shopping away and got on with some work. I took a break to make a coffee and there it was. The snow. I got a phone call from the school at lunch time to say Miss C wasn't feeling well so I picked her up. She was fine but did go back to bed for an hour and a half. Thankfully the snow had stopped and it was raining so the roads were clear and I went to pick Z up in the car. By the time we got home, the snow had returned. I was feeling pretty worried for Husband, who was on his motorbike! He made it home in one piece thankfully. After dinner, there was enough snow to build a snowman! The kids were delighted.

On Saturday, it was horrid outside. Thankfully Karate had been called off as the building wasn't able to open due to the weather. The kids went to their Gran's house for the day so Husband and I headed in to town to get some things and then we got ready to go out for dinner with friends for Husband's birthday. We went to a lovely restaurant and had a very civilised evening (which isn't like us!) and ate lots of yummy food. We had a great time.

No comments:

Previous Posts