This month we received a new picture book from Parragon Books called The Good Little Bad Little Pig. This book is written by Margaret Wise Brown and is illustrated by Loretta Schauer.
Peter wants to get a pet pig. His mum isn't too keen as she thinks pigs are smelly and not very well behaved however they decide to write a letter to a farmer to see if he can find them the perfect pig; not a good pig or a bad pig but a good little bad little pig.
The pig arrives at their house and mum isn't happy because he isn't very clean. Granny isn't happy because he makes a lot of mess when he eats. But Peter perseveres when the pig doesn't want to have a bath and when he doesn't want to cross the road and eventually, the pig does as he is told. He's the perfect balance of good and bad!
Miss C's favourite part of the story was seeing the pig waiting to cross the road with a lead on. Miss C loves putting her toy lead on her stuffed animals and taking them for a walk.
This is a lovely story to read. The words are simple and easy to follow so it is a good book for a child who is learning to read. The book is also beautifully illustrated; the pig looks very cute!
We received this book for the purposes of a review. The opinions expressed are my own.
- ► 2016 (422)
- 365 Project 2015 Days 53 - 59
- Me & Mine 2015 - February
- The Good Little Bad Little Pig - Book Review
- Health and Fitness #TheGallery
- What I've Been Wearing #6
- Me & You #14
- A Great Day for a White Wedding
- The Week That Was #8
- The Black and White Photo Project #32
- My Sunday Photo 2015 #8
- 365 Project 2015 Days 46 - 52
- Funny Things My Kids Say #36
- Colour #TheGallery
- A Lunch Filled with Love
- A Toddler Bed
- The Black and White Photo Project #31
- The Week That Was #7
- My Sunday Photo 2015 #7
- Sibling Moments #14
- 365 Project 2015 Days 39 - 45
- A Trip to the Park and the Baby Goats
- The Four Little Pigs - Book Review
- Light #TheGallery
- The Dog Detectives in an American Adventure - Book...
- Playmobil Easter Eggs 2015 - Review
- What Miss C's Been Wearing #5
- Mother & Daughter Moments #1
- The Week That Was #6
- The Black and White Photo Project #30
- My Sunday Photo 2015 #6
- 365 Project 2015 Days 32 - 38
- Daniel O'Dowd was Ever so Loud - Book Review
- Cold #TheGallery
- Robopop: A Dad in a Box - Book Review
- A New Swimming Award
- The Week That Was #5
- An Afternoon of Cake and Coffee
- My Sunday Photo 2015 #5
- ▼ February (38)
- ► 2014 (505)
- ► 2013 (480)
- ► 2012 (364)
- ► 2011 (229)
- ► 2010 (101)