Sunday, 8 February 2015

The Week That Was #6

Last Sunday, we were up early for Miss C's horse riding lesson. She was delighted to help with brushing Jocky and did a brilliant job. Her lesson went well but I could tell her confidence was knocked slightly after a fall she had at her previous lesson. After lunch, Miss C had a party to go to. She had her face painted like a tiger. It was a bit of a pain to wipe off before swimming lessons!

On Monday, it was back to school and college. My step-dad is staying with us for a few days and the kids were delighted to see him when they woke up in the morning. I dropped the kids off at school and headed to college. It was freezing cold! It was a long day and I honestly thought I might fall asleep in my last class.

On Tuesday, I dropped the kids off at school and headed to college. I had three different classes today and all were spent discussing the various topics they covered. I enjoy a good debate and hearing the different views and opinions of others. When we got home, I learnt that one of my neighbours had passed away. He was an old man, who lived by himself but, because we all look out for our neighbours on my street, we noticed that we hadn't seen him for a few weeks and he was usually out every day. At first I wondered if the bad weather was putting him off. He passed away in his sleep which gave us all some comfort knowing he hadn't suffered alone.

On Wednesday, after dropping the kids off at school, I headed to my new placement which I will be in until June. I was a bit nervous but was made to feel very welcome. It's different from my last placement in that I'm in a Primary now not a Nursery. The day went in very quickly and I was shattered when I got home.

On Thursday, it was time for my stepdad to head back to Mexico after a quick visit. The kids were sad to see him leave. I headed to day two of my placement and again, it went in very quickly. The kids met me on the way home with Miss C's God Father, who picks them up for me. They were very excited as they had finished up for a short break.

On Friday, we were all on holiday however we were still up early as we had a busy day ahead. First we went shopping at Asda to get our food shop. The kids were a great help putting things in the trolley for me. We dropped Z off at Karate camp for a few hours and headed home to clean the car. Miss C helped me hoover it and clean the inside. We picked Z up after Karate camp and then headed to the car wash which was really busy! When we got home, we had dinner and Z headed off to his Friday club with his best friend. Miss C and I collapsed in to my bed to watch The Princess and the Frog.

On Saturday, Z had his Karate class. Miss C and I stayed to watch although Miss C much preferred playing her tablet. After lunch we headed to the park to meet up with friends. The kids had a great time running around in the fresh air and visiting the baby goats at the animal enclosure. We were shattered when we got home and feeling quite cold. Beef casserole and lemon meringue pie for dinner soon warmed us up!

No comments:

Previous Posts