Sunday, 22 February 2015

The Week That Was #8

Last Sunday, I took Miss C horse riding and Z came along as Husband was working. She did really well and had to show the new beginners how to do stuff which she really enjoyed. When we got home, Husband was back from work and making lunch. It was a lovely day which gave the kids the opportunity to get back outside to play. They played with a few of the other children in our street which is good for them as they don't have any school friends nearby. We had swimming lessons before dinner. The kids were shattered by bedtime!

On Monday, it was back to school and college. I was exhausted by the time I picked the kids up, who were gutted to have to leave Z's friend's house. They had just started a game of Minecraft...! We got home and had chili for dinner which was delicious. It was a quick shower and to bed for a book and I followed the kids to bed shortly after they had drifted off.

On Tuesday, I woke up with a pounding headache. It had worn off by the time I got to college but I felt drained all day. I needed a sugar fix in the form of a Creme Egg at lunch time. I picked the kids up from my friend's house and we came home to have spaghetti bolognaise for tea. We read a book together in Miss C's bed. Z went to bed all excited as he had another wobbly tooth.

On Wednesday, I dropped the kids off at school and headed to placement. It was a busy but quick day. I got home as my friend was dropping the kids off so we had snack together and talked about our school day. Z wanted to play outside with his football. I'm really happy that the evenings are staying lighter a bit longer now. After dinner, Miss C wanted to join Z outside to play. They had a great time playing football and riding their bikes.

On Thursday, it was my second day of placement. Just after break time I got the phone call no parent ever wants to get from the school. Z had had a bit of an accident at break time. He got smacked in the face with a football when they were playing outside. A proper leather one. I was told his nose had been bleeding heavily and that Z was quite pale and shaky. Luckily my placement is near the school, partly incase I have any issues and need to get to the kids quickly, so I left to go and pick him up. He seemed fine when I arrived but I took him home so he could rest there. Typically, after some lunch and a drink he was right as rain. I let him watch a bit of TV and then he sat down to do some of his English and Math workbooks. My friend dropped Miss C off for me and they went outside to play. Thankfully Z didn't end up with a big bruise on his face!

On Friday, Husband had the day off as we were attending my brother-in-law's wedding. Bella and Pops were travelling up to collect the kids from school as the wedding started at 2pm. It was a fantastic day and the bride was absolutely beautiful. My BIL scrubbed up well too. We didn't get home until 1am, had a quick chat with Bella and Pops and then headed to bed.

On Saturday, after a very short sleep, I was up to take Miss C to a Pizza Hut party and Husband was up to take Z to karate. Miss C had a great time with her school friends. She got make a pizza and eat it and have some ice cream. Z came home with forms for karate to renew his license and to have his blue belt grading. Bella and Pops headed home after lunch and Husband decided to take the kids swimming to give me some time to get college work done. An early night was definitely needed after dinner.

No comments:

Previous Posts