The last book we received to review from Maverick Books is called Preposterous Rhinoceros. It is written by Tracy Gunaratnam and is illustrated by Marta Costa.
The book is about some animals who are getting ready for bed and are awaiting King Lion to come and read them a bedtime story. Sadly, King Lion has lost his voice so the animals need someone else to read to them. Rhinoceros volunteers and the animals think that the idea of Rhinoceros reading is preposterous but they decide to let him have a go. Rhinoceros doesn't know how to read though and he tries many things to read the book. He shakes it until all of the pages fall out, he smothers himself in honey when Toucan suggests he gets stuck right in and he even attempts a key.
Luckily Rhinoceros' friend Shy Salamander does know how to read a book so she teaches Rhinoceros. It took some time but eventually Rhinoceros figured out how to read.
This is a fun picture book which is easy to follow and read with first readers. It's a lovely story about friendship and learning to read.
The book is available to buy from Amazon.
We received this book for the purposes of a review. The opinions expressed are my own.
- ► 2016 (422)
- Me & Mine 2015 - March
- Like Mother, Like Daughter
- The Week That Was #13
- The Black and White Photo Project #37
- My Sunday Photo 2015 #13
- 365 Project 2015 Days 81 - 87
- Blooming Daffodils
- SMA B.A.B.Y Top Tips from Parents
- Funny Things My Kids Say #37
- Boys #TheGallery
- Preposterous Rhinoceros - Book Review
- My Sunday Photo 2015 #12
- The Week That Was #12
- The Black and White Photo Project #36
- 365 Project 2015 Days 74 - 80
- Conquering His Everest #CountryKids
- Me & You #15
- Chuggington Turbo Charged Tugger DVD - Giveaway
- Green #TheGallery
- A Very Yummy Mother's Day
- Brushing My Pony
- Playing Games
- The Week That Was #11
- Sibling Moments #15
- My Sunday Photo 2015 #11
- The Black and White Photo Project #35
- 365 Project 2015 Days 67 - 73
- A Fairytale Castle
- Driving In Winter Conditions: What You Need To Kno...
- The Foosball Table - Review
- Mothers #TheGallery
- Planting with the Kids
- A Blue Belt for Z
- A First Steak Dinner
- The Week That Was #10
- The Black and White Photo Project #34
- My Sunday Photo 2015 #10
- 365 Project 2015 Days 60 - 66
- The Countdown to Florida - Month 7
- Black and White #TheGallery
- Arran and The Auchrannie Resort
- Lazy Days and Chocolate Brownies
- The Black and White Photo Project #33
- My Sunday Photo 2015 #9
- The Week That Was #9
- ▼ March (45)
- ► 2014 (505)
- ► 2013 (480)
- ► 2012 (364)
- ► 2011 (229)
- ► 2010 (101)