Sunday, 5 April 2015

The Week That Was #14

Last Sunday, the clocks went forward which meant we had an hour less in bed and the kids were up earlier than usual. It did give us plenty of time to get ready for horse riding though. Miss C had a great lesson and did a big jump without holding on to her saddle. She loved it. After lunch, the kids played together whilst I got on with some house work. I made the dinners for the next few days and got the stuff ready for swimming lessons.

On Monday, it was back to school and college for us. The weather was wild. One minute sunshine and the next, pouring with rain. It was a busy day at college, getting work done and attending training sessions. Husband came to pick me up as it was horrid outside! Z got Pupil of the Week at school which he was really pleased about.

On Tuesday, I finished college early to attend Parent's evening (afternoon for me really!) I got great feedback for them both with Miss C only having to work on her reading which was expected as it is her least favourite thing to do herself. She loves looking at books and having me read to her and she can sound out words perfectly but she just doesn't want to do the reading herself.

On Wednesday, it was placement day. Winding down for Easter holidays meant the day was spent doing Easter activities. When the kids got home after school, Z played outside and Miss C played vets with her teddies. We had soup and bread for dinner and then headed to bed with a book.

On Thursday, it was the last day of term for Miss C, Z and I. We all got to finish school at 2.30pm! We spent the afternoon at home tidying and getting Z ready for going to his first sleepover at a friend's house. He was so excited and was literally counting down the minutes until he could go. Once he got picked up, Miss C, Husband and I cuddled up on the couch to watch The Jungle Book.

On Friday, it was the first day of our Easter holidays and Husband was off work too! I got up and headed off to the shops to get my shopping done whilst Husband and Miss C stayed at home. I took advantage of Husband being at home to get on with my college work so I don't have to do any over the holidays and Husband played with Miss C and did the ironing. Z didn't get home until 5pm! He had a brilliant day at his friend's house. They went ice skating and then played in the park.

On Saturday, Z didn't get out of bed until 10am! He must have needed the sleep after a late night at his friend's house on Thursday. My MIL arrived to pick the kids up for a sleepover at her house at 11am. The kids were really excited to go and Miss C had had her case packed since Thursday. Once they had left, Husband and I chilled out and caught up on Hollyoaks. We went to view a couple of houses that are in the process of being built but we weren't too sure about them. We had a yummy surf and turf style dinner and then got ready to go to a Charity comedy night with friends. We had a great time.

No comments:

Previous Posts