Sunday, 31 May 2015

The Week That Was #22

Last Sunday, I took Miss C to horse riding. She was on friendly terms with Jocky again as she wanted to ride him. She did really well although Jocky does tend to do what he pleases and Miss C hasn't got the strength to stop him being a bit cheeky sometimes. After lunch, we went to look at a show house. We are potentially looking at buying a new build although the house we like won't be ready until late next year so we'll have to wait awhile. It's a lovely house and, whilst this house is good for us just now, I don't think it's our forever home and I think we will outgrow it soon. The kids had swimming lessons which Husband took them to. Miss C was swimming in the big pool and did really well.

On Monday, it was an in-service day for the kids and as I didn't have anyone to watch them, I had to take the day off college. We didn't get up too early, thankfully, and we spent the morning watching TV. After lunch we took a walk down to the park to feed the ducks and play on the swings and zip-slide. It was a beautiful day. The kids were definitely worn out by the time we got home.

On Tuesday, it was back to school and college. I had my final assessment to do which was all handwritten so my hand was aching afterwards. I finished early as I didn't need to go to my last class as I've done all the work for it. It was nice to go back to finishing at 1pm again. I picked the kids up from school and we decided to watch Britain's Got Talent after dinner.

On Wednesday, it was back to placement for me. It went in pretty quickly, despite being stuck inside due to the rain. I was soaked when I got home and so were the kids. We had snack, did the homework and then cuddled up on the couch to watch Britain's Got Talent.

On Thursday, it was Miss C's birthday. She woke up at 5.30! I told her to get back to bed and we got up an hour later to open her presents. She got lots of horse related toys, money and clothes. She did really well. She didn't have her cake today as we arranged to have this delivered for her birthday sleepover.

On Friday, I dropped the kids off at school and headed to the shops for my weekly food shop. I picked up bits for Z's sleepover including 2 big pizzas and plenty of crisps. After school, Miss C's best friend came over for a sleepover. They got changed, played together and then we went to Frankie & Bennys for dinner. It was really yummy and Miss C was quite happy when they played the Happy Birthday song for her. We came home and the girls and Z watched Peter Pan. They eventually went to sleep just before 11pm!

On Saturday, the girls were up at 7am which was fine as Miss L was getting picked up early as it was her birthday party later on in the day. Z went off to karate and was really excited as his friends were arriving after lunch to stay for a sleepover for his birthday. My Dad and Grandma arrived to visit along with my Dad's partner. The kids were happy to see them and we had some cake and tea which was nice. Miss C headed off to Miss L's birthday party which was a lot of fun. When I got home, all of Z's friends had arrived and a few of our friends turned up with cards and gifts for the kids. We had pizza and more cake and the kids played outside. They all headed to bed at 9pm but were up chatting for quite awhile.

No comments:

Previous Posts