Over the next few days I'm going to publish reviews of some of the children's books we received from Maverick Books. The books have all been published in May 2015 so they are pretty new and hopefully they'll be books that you can add to your collection.
The first book we chose to review is called Hedgehugs Horace and Hattiepillar. It is written and illustrated by husband and wife Steve Wilson and Lucy Tapper. This is the second book in their Hedgehugs series and it is just as adorable as the first.
Miss C really loves animal stories so this book is right up her street. It's beautifully illustrated; very soft and calm making it the perfect story if you want to have some chill out time with your children.
In this book, Horace and Hattie are playing together, just as best friends always do when they suddenly come across a very strange thing on a leaf. They don't know what it is but it starts to open and out pops a little green creature. The creature starts to eat and eat and eat some more. Horace and Hattie watch the little green creature until it goes back on to a leaf and makes itself a silky bed. They watch it for awhile until one day it bursts out of the silky bed and it has changed in to something very beautiful.
Horace and Hattie want to be beautiful just like this creature so they eat and eat and eat some more and then head off to a bed of flowers and leaves and have a nap. When they wake up, they are just as beautiful.
We really enjoyed reading this story and I think the series could be one that we will want to add and add to. Horace and Hattie are such lovely characters. The book is really easy to read and makes an ideal bedtime story for any child.
For more information on the book and where to purchase, visit the Maverick Books website.
- ► 2016 (422)
- Me & Mine 2015 - June
- The First Tooth
- The Week That Was #26
- Learning to Ride A Bike
- The Black and White Photo Project #50
- My Sunday Photo 2015 #26
- 365 Project 2015 Days 172 - 178
- Pirates Don't Drive Diggers - Book Review
- A Box of Socks - Book Review
- Cake #TheGallery
- A Gold Star for George - Book Review
- Hedgehugs Horace and Hattiepillar - Book Review
- Going with no Hands
- The Week That Was #25
- What it Means to be A Father
- The Black and White Photo Project #49
- My Sunday Photo 2015 #25
- 365 Project 2015 Days 165 - 171
- The New Classes and Feeling Happy
- It's Move Up Day
- Sport #TheGallery
- Sibling Moments #18
- The Week That Was #24
- The Black and White Photo Project #48
- My Sunday Photo 2015 #24
- 365 Project 2015 Days 158 - 164
- House of Fraser Kids Clothing - Review
- Funny Things My Kids Say #39
- Buildings #TheGallery
- Trespass Backpack - Review
- What Does Mummy Do?
- The Week That Was #23
- My Sunday Photo 2015 #23
- The Black and White Photo Project #47
- 365 Project 2015 Days 151 - 157
- The Countdown to Florida - Month 4
- The Birthdays are Over...For Another Year
- A Favourite Place #TheGallery
- Frankie & Benny's New Pronto & Kids Menu - Review
- Interviewing my 8 Year Old
- Z Turns 8
- A Letter to my Eight Year Old
- ▼ June (42)
- ► 2014 (505)
- ► 2013 (480)
- ► 2012 (364)
- ► 2011 (229)
- ► 2010 (101)