Sunday, 21 June 2015

The Week That Was #25

Last Sunday, the kids woke up at 7.45am and asked if they could watch Tarzan. We were staying over at a friend's house so we said OK so they wouldn't wake anyone up...and so we could sleep on a bit. Eventually we all got up just before 10am. We had cups of tea and bacon rolls for breakfast. We headed home around lunch time and we had a pretty lazy afternoon. I had a bath and sorted out some of the holiday clothes we've bought. The kids and I headed to swimming lessons however only Miss C had a lesson as Z's were off due to a swimming gala. He managed to join in with Miss C's fun swim which was good fun for him.

On Monday, I dropped the kids off at school and then came home to do a workout. Once I finished, I had a shower and as I hadn't been feeling too well, I went back to bed for a rest. Two hours later, I felt worse. I had some lunch and tried to keep going but I felt shattered. I picked the kids up from school, came home and did the homework. We had fajitas for dinner which were yummy and made me feel a bit better.

On Tuesday, I dropped the kids off at school and headed home to do my workout. I was pretty sore from doing a workout on Monday but I do try and do a workout four times a week at home plus plenty of walking whenever I can. After lunch, I walked down to college for the last time this academic year to have a party with the rest of my class to celebrate qualifying and passing our course. I couldn't stay long as I had to get the kids from school. After dinner, the kids played in the garden whilst I cleaned the inside of my car.

On Wednesday, it was move up day at school. I wrote a post about how I was feeling about it all. I spent the day at home, just chilling and tidying up bits and bobs, I don't know how I'll cope with 11 weeks of this! I picked the kids up from school to find Miss C was really excited about her new teacher and Z was happy that he was going to be in a class with his friends. Given the amount of moving and stress we've had with Z the last few years, to find out he's still in the same class as his friends is a relief. I'm just happy he's happy. We came home, had dinner and then the kids played outside until bedtime.

On Thursday, I dropped the kids off at school and headed home to do some housework. I cleaned the bathrooms and put on a few washings. After lunch, I walked in to town to pick an order from M&S. Nothing terribly exciting, just some polo shirts for Z for school. I had a meeting with the school to check on Z's progress over the last year and he's done so well. I'm really pleased and proud of him. I picked the kids up and we headed home to have some snack and read some books. It was miserable outside so they didn't get the chance to play in the garden after dinner.

On Friday, after doing my food shop and putting it away, I caught up with Hollyoaks and managed to, finally, upload my shopping vlog which you can watch on my YouTube channel. I love watching vlogs where people show off what they've bought...I think because I love to go shopping and I'm nosey like that. The kids came home with their end of year report cards and they've both done well. We are really proud of them. We had pizza for dinner and then Z headed off to his Friday club whilst Miss C and I watched The Gruffalo followed by The Gruffalo's Child.

On Saturday, Husband took Z to Karate and then his best friend picked him up to head out for the day and for a sleepover. Z was super excited. Husband, Miss C and I headed in to town to pick up some bits and to Morrisons to get some steak for Father's Day dinner. We spent the rest of the day tidying up the house and garden and just relaxing.

No comments:

Previous Posts