Sunday, 28 June 2015

The Week That Was #26

Last Sunday was Father's Day. We let Husband have a lie in although he was awake by 9.15am as Miss C wanted to take him his card. It was strange not having Z there for breakfast. We got ready to go to horse riding where Miss C rode Bobbie and did her first canter without holding on to her saddle. After lunch, we picked up Z and went to visit my Father-in-law. The kids played with their Uncle's old toys whilst we had a cup of tea and some biscuits. For dinner, I made steak with potatoes and veg and some scallops which was really yummy.

On Monday, I dropped the kids off at school for the last week of term. We break up for summer holidays on Friday and the kids can't wait. I came home, did my workout and then went out to clean my front and back garden. After finishing off some work for the magazine I write in, I sat down and did something I haven't done in awhile...I read a book. I just never have the time to sit and read anything other than college textbooks or blogs these days. After school, the kids wanted to do some drawing and play outside.

On Tuesday, after a workout, a shower and some work, I headed in to town to meet up with some of the girls from college to have lunch. It was such a gorgeous day and it was really nice to break out some of my summer wardrobe. We had lunch at my favourite Italian restaurant. They had a lunch menu deal where you could get 3 courses for £13.95 so we all went with that. I had salmon and sweet potato fishcakes, spaghetti with clams, chili and asparagus and finished the meal off with an Eton mess. It was so good. After school, my friend and I took the kids to the park and they had lots of fun whilst we enjoyed some sunshine. I was a bit red when I got home!

On Wednesday, I had another chilled out day. I'm making the most of having a few days to myself before the kids finish up for their summer holidays. I did a workout, had a shower and did some work. After lunch I caught up with Hollyoaks and read some of my book. I picked the kids up from school and we spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing and having dinner. Sadly the rain came on after dinner so they couldn't get to play outside for long.

On Thursday, Husband took the kids to school on his way to the gym so I got on with my housework and workout. I spent the rest of the day editing a video for my YouTube channel that I'm really proud of. The rain was pouring all day until it was time to get the kids from school. We found a snail on the way home that Miss C decided to adopt and call Gary. She put him in one of my plant pots which she declared would be Gary's home.

On Friday, it was the last day of school! I dropped the kids off, who were both hyper and headed to the shops. Husband and I picked the kids up when school finished at 1pm. We came home and just had a chilled out day as it was pouring with rain outside. We had pizza for dinner and then watched Mulan for our Friday night film.

On Saturday, there was no Karate for Z as they are on holiday for a few weeks so we didn't have to get up too early. After breakfast, we headed outside to clean both gardens. It took awhile and I was sweating by the end but it was a great feeling to see it all looking lovely. After lunch, Miss C and Z were back outside, riding their bikes and enjoying the sunshine and fresh air. They also took our neighbours' dogs for a walk. We were all pretty much ready for sleep by bedtime.

No comments:

Previous Posts