Seven weeks is a long time away from the classroom. It's great to have a break and by June, the kids (and teachers!) really do need the break but that doesn't mean that we have to stop learning.
I really do believe it is important to keep up with things like sums, reading and writing during the holidays because it means it is less of a shock when the kids go back to school. I know they ease them in gently but if they do a little bit of work every day, it doesn't seem as daunting when they go back.
Z has always enjoyed doing workbooks, especially Math, and I've picked up quite a few over the years from WHSmith and some we received from Parragon to review. Z is a level 2 secure which means he'd be moving on to level 3 in school. That's Key Stage 3 down south so he finds these books quite easy but it's good for him to keep up practise. He'll work through a few pages every day. He reads a lot and often reads a book out loud to Miss C at bed time.
Miss C has been using the Lexia workbooks we were sent to review earlier this year. These are set over different levels so Miss C is working through level 1 which is a basic introduction to phonics, letters and simple three letter words, including CVC words. She's enjoying doing them as she's finding them quite easy. Miss C isn't as motivated to learn as her brother is so it's about finding something she enjoys doing that she can learn from in the process.
Do you think it's important to keep up some form of school related work whilst the kids are on holiday?
- ► 2016 (422)
- Me & Mine 2015 - July
- Grabbing a Bargain at the Next Sale
- Most Determined Player
- The Week That Was #30
- 365 Project 2015 Days 200 - 206
- Life and Wondering Why?
- The Black and White Photo Project #54
- My Sunday Photo 2015 #30
- The Moments They'll Remember
- Surania Swimwear - Review
- Home Comforts #TheGallery
- Really Good, Really Easy Chili con Carne - Recipe
- Storage Solutions for Kids Rooms
- Collins Big Cat Reading Lions - Book Review
- The Week That Was #29
- The Black and White Photo Project #53
- My Sunday Photo 2015 #29
- 365 Project 2015 Days 193 - 199
- Keeping Our Minds Active During the Holidays
- Sibling Moments #19
- Time #TheGallery
- What Miss C's Been Wearing #11
- The Week That Was #28
- My Sunday Photo 2015 #28
- The Black and White Photo Project #52
- 365 Project 2015 Days 186 - 192
- Ladybirds and Bike Rides
- My School Uniform Checklist
- Parenting Highs and Lows #VlogStars
- Where I Live #TheGallery
- Funny Things My Kids Say #40
- How we Keep Cool on Hot Days!
- The Week That Was #27
- The Black and White Photo Project #51
- My Sunday Photo 2015 #27
- 365 Project 2015 Days 179 - 185
- Bike Riding
- The Countdown to Florida - Month 3
- ▼ July (38)
- ► 2014 (505)
- ► 2013 (480)
- ► 2012 (364)
- ► 2011 (229)
- ► 2010 (101)