Monday, 31 August 2015
Me & Mine 2015 - August
August. The month we go back to school and Summer comes to an end.
We're back on the couch this month because we've been spending a lot of time, at the weekend, watching films and TV together. The Xfactor returning to our TV screens means we're now on the countdown to Christmas. The kids love watching it with us with a few snack treats.
I've really enjoyed my time off college but it's almost time to go back and get in to the swing of studying again. I'm looking forward to the next 9 months but I think it's going to be hard going. It's the second year of a three year degree so I can imagine it will be even more intense than last year. I had my first horse riding lesson this month in 15 years. I was nervous but really excited and I had a lot of fun. I think I'm going to do it once a month to build up my confidence again.
Husband has been working hard, as always. He bought himself a push bike so that he can get back in to cycling again. He used to cycle to work every day when he only worked 2 miles away but he works further away now so he hasn't been cycling as much. He still goes on two wheels but they are attached to a frame that houses an engine too. I think he's looking forward to it!
Z enjoyed a Karate camp before he returned to school. The camps are great for the kids. They play games, have team events and strengthen their bond as a Karate squad. He's made so many new friends through his Karate and he loves it. I don't think Z was too keen to get back to school but now that he is back, he seems to be enjoying it. He especially likes that he is in a class with all of his friends.
Miss C has grown so much over the summer. Her personality just shines through. She's a bit cheeky and mischievous but also very sweet and caring. She definitely didn't want to go back to school. Miss C lives for the weekend, holidays, days out and any sort of celebration. She does love her new teacher though which is a huge plus and she was really happy to see her friends again.
We must look like a crazy bunch but we are harmless really.
- ► 2016 (422)
- Me & Mine 2015 - August
- Enjoying the Quiet and Missing the Noise
- The Week That Was #35
- The Black and White Photo Project #59
- My Sunday Photo 2015 #35
- 365 Project 2015 Days 228 - 241
- Moving Our Child Up a Year - Starting Primary 5
- Robot Run from Orchard Toys - Review
- Dear Parent on the First Ever Day of School
- The Week That Was #34
- This Boy
- The Black and White Photo Project #58
- My Sunday Photo 2015 #34
- Playmobil Princess and Knights - Review
- Bagsy Beauty - Review
- What Miss C's Been Wearing #13
- Preparing for Back to School
- The Week That Was #33
- This Girl
- The Black and White Photo Project #57
- My Sunday Photo 2015 #33
- 365 Project 2015 Days 221 - 227
- Hiding in a Bush
- Sibling Moments #20
- Vertbaudet Autumn/Winter Range 2015 - Review
- This or That #Vlogstars
- Chocolate Fudge Cookies - Recipe
- Steak in Blackbean Sauce - Recipe
- The Black and White Photo Project #56
- My Sunday Photo 2015 #32
- The Week That Was #32
- 365 Project 2015 Days 214 - 220
- Little Painted Toadstools
- What Miss C's Been Wearing #12
- Vertbaudet Summer Sale
- The Countdown to Florida - Month 2
- Littlest Pet Shop - Little Pet, Big Adventures - R...
- The Beach in the Rain
- The Black and White Photo Project #55
- My Sunday Photo 2015 #31
- The Week That Was #31
- 365 Project 2015 Days 207 - 213
- ▼ August (42)
- ► 2014 (505)
- ► 2013 (480)
- ► 2012 (364)
- ► 2011 (229)
- ► 2010 (101)