Monday, 24 August 2015

The Week That Was #34

Last Sunday, Miss C was up early, raring to go to horse riding. I took her and Husband stayed home with Z as he was getting picked up to go out with his best friend. They were going to a trampoline activity centre. After lunch, Miss C had a party to go to. She was really excited as she loves a party. Husband took her to that so I could get on with some jobs at home. Z got home before her and told me all about the trampoline centre. He had a lot of fun as did Miss C who filled us in on the party games and party food when she got home.

On Monday, it was the last day of our summer holidays. It was a beautiful day but the kids decided they wanted to play with their toys indoors after seeing a huge wasp in the garden! I did the ironing and washed our bedding so it was nice and clean on for bed time. I got the school bags ready and set out the uniforms for the morning. The kids did go out to play before dinner and then complained when they had to come in after dinner for their showers and books. Both of them were in bed before 7pm and asleep by 7.30pm.

On Tuesday, it was time for Z and Miss C to go back to school. Thankfully, it was a really nice day for walking to school and they were in good spirits going back. I also had my college induction day which went really quickly. When I picked the kids up from school, they were still in good spirits and excited to tell me all about their first day back. Long may that continue!

On Wednesday, it was another lovely day. So lovely in fact, I sent the kids to school without a jacket. I also painted one of my fences that needed doing. Those were the jinxes that brought on the rain around 2pm. I picked the kids up from school in the car and dropped Z's best friend off at home to save him getting wet. We changed in to our jammies when we got home and had spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. It was yummy!

On Thursday, I dropped the kids off at school, came home to get a shower and then spent the day doing a bit of work. It's been weird not having the kids here and I really think I'll be ready to get back to college in two weeks time. When the kids got home from school, they got changed and played with their Playmobil toys until dinner time.

On Friday, I dropped the kids off at school and headed to Asda for my shopping. It was great to do the shop in peace. As great as the kids are at helping, it does take longer to get round the shop. Z had his friend over for tea after school. They played outside a lot as it was dry and, of course, Minecraft featured heavily. Miss C watched The Fox and The Hound.

On Saturday, Husband took Z to Karate and he was asked to fill in his application for grading next weekend. If he gets his new belt, he'll be a purple belt! After lunch, we nipped in to town to order our dollars for our holiday. The rate better not go up now! We nipped to the park on the way home and Z went to his friend's house to ask him if he wanted to come out to play. We ended up chatting with his parents for ages.

No comments:

Previous Posts