Sunday, 30 August 2015

The Week That Was #35

Last Sunday, I got up with the kids and let Husband lie on for awhile. The kids played together whilst I got on with the mountain of ironing I had to do. I haven't missed ironing school clothes! After lunch, a friend popped over with her daughter and as it was a lovely day, we decided to take the kids to the park on their bikes. They had fun playing in the park whilst we enjoyed the sun. It was too hot for the macaroni cheese I had planned for dinner so we ordered a Chinese takeaway instead.

On Monday, it was back to school for the kids. Miss C wasn't too enthusiastic about getting up early after 2 days off. She really goes live for the weekends. I dropped the kids off at school and came home to get some work done. It's good to have the peace to get lots of stuff written and stuff done in the house too. After school, the kids, Husband and I played Robot Run which was lots of fun.

On Tuesday, I dropped the kids off at school and came home to do some more work. As it was nice outside, I put a washing on and got it hung up outside to dry. I had left over chili for lunch which was so good! I picked the kids up from school to find that Z had already managed to lose his lunch box. Only a week in to the new school term! We came home and the kids were excited to see a package had arrived for them; a hamster/gerbil cage that I won from Susan! We've decided we're going to get gerbils once we return from Florida.

On Wednesday, it was pouring with rain. Really chucking it down. I took the kids to school in the car and then drove in to town to pick up our dollars for our holiday. When I got home, I had to change as I was soaking through. Eventually the sun came out and dried up all the rain!

On Thursday, it was another miserable day. I dropped the kids off at school and came home to chill for the day. I'm enjoying the time to chill before I go back to college but I'm looking forward to starting college again and having a routine every week for myself. I picked the kids up after school and thankfully, the rain had gone off. After dinner, Husband brought us some Thorntons Mini Caramel Shortcakes which were really yummy. Felix found himself a bed in Z's bottom drawer after Z left it open. Cats really will sleep anywhere they can.

On Friday, I dropped the kids off at school and headed home. Usually I would do my weekly shop on a Friday, however I'm starting college next week and Friday is a college day so I have to move my shopping day to a Saturday morning. I got on with some housework and then some blog work. After dinner, a photographer came to the house to take some pictures for the magazine I write for.

On Saturday, Miss C and I headed to the shops whilst Husband took Z to Karate. He had his grading for his purple belt which he achieved. We were very proud of him. After lunch, I got on with the ironing whilst the kids played. We had pizza and salad for dinner, which was delicious and then we got in to our jammies to watch the Xfactor. We love watching it! As soon as the Xfactor comes back on TV, we're on countdown to Christmas!

No comments:

Previous Posts