Sunday, 25 October 2015

The Week That Was #43

Last Sunday, we landed back in the UK at 5am. We cleared the passport check and baggage collection fairly quickly and got back to Bella and Pops' house by 6am. Husband went to bed and, one by one, Z, Miss C and I all fell asleep on the couch for a couple of hours. My Sister arrived with my niece, Miss K, and the kids played together before we had to leave. It took us just over 4 hours to get back to Scotland, the kids and I sleeping most of the way. We unpacked, did a food shop and ordered Chinese for dinner.

On Monday, it was an in-service day for the school so we didn't have to get up early. Jazz, our cat, woke me up at 9.30 with his miaowing. Z was up at 10.30 and we had to wake Miss C at 11.30. We headed in to town to exchange some left over dollars (I know, I was shocked too!) and buy Miss C boots for school. She didn't go with Lelli Kelly this time; she went for some lovely patent Geox boots. We also bought our pet gerbils. We decided to get a rodent type pet for the kids to give them the responsibility of looking after a small creature. They called their gerbils Jack and Jett.

On Tuesday, it was back to the routine of school and I started placement. The day went pretty quickly but we were all exhausted when we got home. An early night was in order!

On Wednesday, it was my day off college and placement so I dropped the kids off at school and headed in to town to meet up with a friend. We had coffee and cake and talked all about Disney since she loves it too. I picked the kids up from school and they decided to play with their gerbils. We got them balls that they can go in and walk about the kitchen without getting lost or hurt. They love them!

On Thursday, it was back to college after my break. It was hard. I felt so tired in my first class, I could have fallen asleep. After lunch I attended class rep training as I was chosen to be our class rep for this year. It was OK but getting free chocolate and crisps made it a lot easier to take in.

On Friday, I didn't have to go to college as it was closed for graduation day. The kids had friends over after school to play so we ordered Chinese for dinner and had a nice, chilled out evening. The kids had great fun with their friends. They are such a great little gang.

On Saturday, we woke up at 9am! We had 40 minutes to get up, get dressed and have breakfast before Z had to leave for Karate. We did make it which just goes to show what we can do if we need to! It would never happen on a school day though! After lunch, I decided to de-clutter Miss C's cupboards and drawers. It is quite embarrassing how many toys, books and games they have but especially Miss C. She has the smallest room in the house as well so we have to be clever with storage and maximising her space. We got rid of quite a few things and had a good tidy up. It probably won't last long. Friends popped over to visit after dinner and then we got cosy on the couch to catch up with Xfactor.

No comments:

Previous Posts