Sunday, 1 November 2015

The Week That Was #44

Last Sunday, the kids woke up at 7.30am. Not bad going given the clocks had gone back. It meant I could catch up on Hollyoaks as I missed it whilst we were away. Miss C and I went horse riding and it was a lot of fun. I rode a horse called Ozzy. He's just a baby compared to the other two horses I've been on. Miss C decided she wanted to ride Jocky. He was feeling feisty as always. After lunch, I de-cluttered Z's room. His wasn't nearly as bad as Miss C's. We had steak pie for dinner which was really yummy!

On Monday, it was back to school and to placement for me. The day went in pretty fast which is always good. I picked the kids up from my friend's house and we headed home. It was starting to get dark by the time we reached the house! We had chili con carne for dinner to warm us up. I wasn't feeling too good and it took me ages to fall asleep despite being really tired.

On Tuesday, I woke up feeling rotten. I gave my exercise a miss which I hate doing but it wouldn't have been productive. I took the kids to school and I had placement to go to. Again, it was another quick day. I picked the kids up from my friend's house and when we got home, they wanted to say hello to Jack and Jett, the gerbils. We had chicken curry for dinner which was yummy. I read the kids their story and ended up falling asleep beside Miss C for half an hour. I probably could have slept until morning.

On Wednesday, it was my day off. It was pouring with rain so I dropped the kids off at school and drove home to get on with my college work. I also caught up on Hollyoaks once I had finished. It was still raining at pick up time so I collected the kids and we headed to Tesco to get Miss C a Halloween costume for her Halloween disco. She decided she wanted to be a witch!

On Thursday, it was back to college for me. The day went quite quickly and we had a fire alarm go off which broke the day up a bit. It had been a horrible morning but by lunch time the sun was shining. It almost made me feel like I was in Florida again. Almost! After school the kids played with the gerbils and we had dinner when Husband got home from work.

On Friday, I dropped the kids off at school and headed to college. It was another quick day but I always feel drained after lunch and ready for a nap. When I got home, Husband was busy re-grouting the bathroom and the kids were at Z's best friend's house playing. They arrived just in time for dinner. Miss C decided she wanted to watch Coraline and Z headed to his Friday club.

On Saturday, the kids were up early which was a shame cause I really wanted to sleep until 8am at least! We got ready and dropped Z off at Karate and then headed to the shops to get our food for the week. After lunch, we did some baking. We decided to make cupcakes and truffles. They were delicious!

No comments:

Previous Posts