Sunday, 8 November 2015

The Week That Was #45

Last Sunday, I was hoping for a long lie but it didn't happen. Miss C was up at 7am! Thankfully she decided to read in her room and I got to stay in bed for another hour. We watched Jurassic World after breakfast. I thought it might be a bit scary for Miss C but she loved it. After lunch we headed to the shops to pick up some bits. I went in to Next and could have bought the shop! So many gorgeous things in for the kids! We had roast beef for dinner which was delicious!

On Monday, it was back to school and placement. The day went in really quickly! It was quite foggy when I headed to my friend's house to pick up the kids. As much as I love Summer and the warmer weather, there is something quite exciting and festive about the evenings getting darker earlier. I helped Miss C with her homework when we got home.

On Tuesday, I was at placement again. It was another quick day which is definitely a good sign that I'm enjoying the job. I picked the kids up and we headed home to have spaghetti bolognaise for dinner. It was delicious! We all shared a bit of the biggest muffin I have ever seen too! After dinner, the kids had a bath and once they were in bed, I decided to have a bath before having an early night.

On Wednesday, it was my day off so I dropped the kids off at school and came home to do my college work. It didn't take too long thankfully. I caught up with Hollyoaks which was pretty hard to watch. Such a sad storyline with Mercedes losing her baby but it's good to raise awareness on the importance of counting the kicks and seeking advice from your midwife or doctor is you notice reduced movement from your baby.

On Thursday, I dropped the kids off at school and I headed to college. Again it was another quick day. I had left the car at home because my college is near where they have the firework display and they usually close off the road just after 3pm. It was absolutely pouring it down when I left college. Luckily my friend who had the kids picked me up and dropped us back home. We headed to the firework display after dinner with a friend and her daughter. Thankfully it had dried up by then! The fireworks were good but once you've seen them in Florida, nothing quite compares.

On Friday, I headed for day 2 of college. It was quite a quiet day but we did quite a lot. I did come home with loads of work to do though. Only one study day during the week means I sometimes have to do the work at the weekend which is no fun! When I got home, the kids were playing their tablets. We had dinner and then the kids watched a movie. Husband and I were in panic mode as we thought the washing machine was broken after the clothes were still soaking after spinning them. We then realised that the spin speed was set to no speed so we turned it back up and all was well again!

On Saturday, I dropped Z off at Karate and headed to the shops with Miss C. There was lots of lovely Christmas things in and we chose some new decorations. After picking Z up, we got ready to meet GG in town for lunch. We headed to the toy shop first and the kids spent some of their pocket money. Miss C chose some of the Schleich animals as she loves them and Z chose a Creeper from Minecraft. We had lunch booked at Frankie & Bennys for 1pm. It wasn't very busy but we ended up waiting an hour and 20 minutes for our food because there was some sort of mix up with our order! The food tasted good when it eventually arrived and they did give us 50% off the bill which was good of them. After dropping GG back at the bus station, we headed home and I fell asleep on the couch after doing my ironing. I've been feeling exhausted recently. I'm pretty sure I've got Seasonal Affective Disorder as I always get like this at this time of year. Bring back Summer!

No comments:

Previous Posts