Sunday, 15 November 2015

The Week That Was #46

Last Sunday, Miss C and I went horse riding or rather I took her to horse riding and I watched this time. She rode Lulu for half an hour and then rode Teddy to do some cantering as Lulu is still a baby and doesn't like getting lead in to canter which Miss C still needs. After horse riding, we came home for lunch and then I sat down to do some college work. Not my idea of a fun Sunday but needs must!

On Monday, it was back to school and placement for us. The weather was really bad. It rained constantly which meant parts of the town ended up flooded. Sometimes I'm not sure which is better; snow or wind and rain? Personally I prefer the wind and rain over the snow as I can drive in it. I don't drive in the snow. After dinner, Z decided to build a tower of Lego heads.

On Tuesday, it was another rotten day. Thankfully it didn't rain as much but it was still miserable. When we got home, Miss C and I read her book for homework. We had a new dish of Cajun chicken pasta for tea which was lovely.

On Wednesday, it was my day off so I dropped the kids off at school and came home to do my college work. I only had one report to write but it took nearly 3 and a half hours to do. I picked the kids up, we came home to get changed and then headed back to school for parent's evening, which I blogged about here. I headed over to a friend's house after dinner to have a catch up which was great as I don't manage to do that very often during the week.

On Thursday, it was back to college for me. The day went in pretty quickly but I ended up leaving early because of the weather. It was pouring with rain and as my friend who picks the kids up doesn't have a car, I didn't want any of them to get wet. Even so, we were soaked by the time we ran to car from the playground. The kids went for a bath when they got in to warm up and we all got our jammies on afterwards.

On Friday, I dropped the kids off at school and headed to college. Half way through my first class, I got a phone call from the school to say that Z wasn't feeling very well. I spoke to him on the phone and he told me he had a bit of a sore tummy. As it was nearly snack time, I told him to go and have his snack and see if he felt better after that. Thirty minutes later, the school phoned me so I left college and went to collect him. When we got home, he changed in to his onesie and fell asleep for a couple of hours. I got on with my college work. When I collected Miss C, it was pouring with rain again. We got changed and snuggled up on the couch to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Even Felix joined in with the cuddles.

On Saturday, Z was still feeling a bit unwell so he missed Karate. I headed to the shops to get our weekly food shop and I picked up some Christmas bits. Asda have a Christmas card that I put £5 on to every week when I pay for my shopping and then they reward you with £5 for every £145 you save. I use that to get books and DVDs for the kids for their Christmas and to stock up on champagne and chocolates for friends. After lunch, we headed to a local shopping centre to get some Christmas presents. We also went to Build a Bear as one of Miss C's bears had been recalled on a safety notice so she was able to go and choose a new one. She picked a bat and she called him Midnight.

No comments:

Previous Posts