Sunday, 13 December 2015

The Week That Was #50

Last Sunday, we had another lazy morning, lying in bed, watching Nigella. Once we were dressed, we headed to a local cook school as they were having a Christmas Fayre. There were lots of stalls selling various Christmas gifts and yummy foods and the kids got to meet Santa. It was a lot of fun. When we got home, the kids watched a movie whilst I made dinner. We had tarragon chicken which is one of our favourite dishes and then headed to bed for an early night.

On Monday, it was back to school and placement. The kids had a visit from a local theatre group and they got to have ice cream during the performance so that was the highlight of the school year for Miss C and Z. After school, we did our homework and then had dinner; chili con carne. It was delicious. We've been using our Christmas sticker book a lot recently. Parragon sent it through to us and of course, this is the most wonderful time of the year to use it for Santa letters and Christmas cards.

On Tuesday, it was day two of placement in my college life week. Miss C went to her best friend's house after school where she had a great time. She had pizza for dinner too which is always a winner. Z remarked that it was very strange not having his sister at the dinner table with us, which it always is if either of them are away with friends. When I picked Miss C up, she was hyper to give her bestie her Christmas present and to get one from her too. I told her it had to go under the tree until Christmas day...she wasn't impressed.

On Wednesday, I dropped the kids off at school and then headed to a local garage to get my car repaired. I got a Ford Fiesta as my courtesy car. I have always fancied a smaller car like a Fiesta, Clio or Fiat 500 so it was fun to try it out. When I got  home, I started wrapping the kids' Christmas presents. We've really struggled with what to get them this year. What do you get the kids who have everything?! I picked the kids up from school and they were excited to get in the Fiesta. It was definitely easier to get them in their car seats in the back of it compared to my car but I was glad to get my car back just before tea time as it's a lot more fun to drive.

On Thursday, I headed to college after dropping the kids off at school. I finished at lunch time as I was going to watch Miss C in her school nativity. Her class and the other Primary 2 children sang Christmas songs which was lovely to watch. They did a fantastic job! I made a spaghetti and tomato dish for dinner which was really yummy.

On Friday, I felt really unwell so I took the day off college. Even though I felt rotten, I still had to do college work, with a huge report due on mental health, personality development and stress. Stress it did cause me! But I got it done and I felt a lot better for it. The kids wanted to watch a movie after dinner so we all cuddled up on the couch with the Christmas lights on.

On Saturday, Husband took Z to Karate and Miss C went along with them. I headed to Asda to get the shopping and when I got back I started clearing out Miss C's room. We've got her a TV for her room for Christmas so we had to move things about to make space for it when it arrives on Christmas day. It looks much tidier with all of her toys in storage boxes inside her double wardrobe. After dinner, we watched Home Alone 2 and Husband headed over to his friend's house to watch the boxing and to stay over. Starfishing for me!

No comments:

Previous Posts