My 10 things for 2015 were:
- Read more books
- Take more photos with my DSLR
- Pass my HNC Early Education course with a B grade (minimum) in June
- Be accepted for my HND Childhood Studies course to start in September
- Embrace turning 30 this year
- Make more time for friends
- Cook more with the kids
- Visit the park more often
- Book a holiday for our 10 year wedding anniversary in 2016
- Make more videos of us all
I'm pretty sure I managed to tick all of these off my list last year. I've been reading more for sure although it hasn't really been the chick-lit fiction that I usually enjoy. Instead I've had my head buried in textbooks about child development, psychology, sociology, the law...genuinely fascinating stuff and I feel like a more knowledgeable person for it. I passed my HNC with an A grade and I was accepted to study for my HND. Studies wise, I'm doing so well and I am so proud of myself for being able to accomplish what I have whilst juggling the house, the kids, Husband and life in general.
Vlogging is something I tried to do more of in 2015. My YouTube channel has been live for a number of years but it's really only in the past 6 months that I've started uploading more content. I'm going to try even harder this year as I know the kids will love looking back on these videos in years to come.
For 2016, I decided that my 10 things would be:
- Pass my HND with an A grade (I'm hoping for a B but why not be ambitious)
- Get a job (once I finish my HND!)
- Be a bit healthier
- Take better care of my skin
- Devise a workout routine and stick to it
- Drink more water
- Spend more time outdoors
- Vlog more
- Use Instagram more
- Fully appreciate and be grateful for our family time and our health
I'm really focusing on my health this year, especially since turning 30 a few months ago. Heart disease is heredity on my mum's side of the family and having had concerns with my heart a few years ago and as a child, I really want to look after my body and cut down the risk. If the kids see me being healthy and looking after my body then hopefully it will pass on to them and be something they want to do through their lives.
Have you set yourself any goals or made any lists for 2016?