I've never been one for celebrating New Year. Perhaps before the children, we'd have gone out with friends, paid the extortionate prices for drinks and taxis and fell in to bed around 3am but these days we're in bed and asleep before the bells.
A New Year for me means very little other than buying a new calendar and thinking about what the year will bring such as birthdays, anniversaries, road tax, school clothes and shoes...the every day stuff that happens every year. I don't make resolutions. I don't see the point in them. If I want to change something about myself, why wait until a New Year to do it?
Of course, I'd love to have a wonderful year full of amazing opportunities and adventures but these are things that will only happen based on our circumstances, not the turn of a New Year. Sometimes even the certain things a new year brings don't always happen; sometimes life doesn't go how you expect it to or how you want it to.
A New Year is obviously hard to ignore and it's so lovely to see all the messages on social media from friends and family wishing everyone a happy New Year. But some won't have a happy New Year. Some will face real struggles and hardship and be wondering if there really is any light at the end of the tunnel.
If I had to think of something I hope for in the New Year then I'd have to say I hope that we have our health, our family and our true friends. Those three things are the most important things in life. You can have all the money, the big house and fancy car but if you don't have your health, your family or your friends then you don't really have anything do you?
I also hope we can make some more amazing memories for the kids. Things might need done in our house...badly; but the kids won't remember that we decorated the kitchen or fixed the loose tiles in the bathroom. They'll remember the times we spent together, cuddling, laughing, playing and talking.
Whether you celebrate New Year big style or whether you let it pass quietly, without much fuss, I hope you have your health, your family and your friends so that you can deal with whatever life throws at you in 2016.
- Me & Mine 2016 - January
- Cuddles with a Cousin
- 366 Project 2016 Days 24 - 30
- My Travelling Pet Peeves
- Dining in Disney - Day 13
- Florida Day 13 - Magic Kingdom for our Last Day
- How to be a Better Parent
- Celebrating Burn's Day in Fashion
- Bedroom Looks Inspired by Next
- A Birthday Dinner with Friends
- 366 Project 2016 Days 17 - 23
- Playing in the Snow
- Dining in Disney - Day 12
- Florida Day 12 - The Little Mermaid Pool, Epcot an...
- 366 Project 2016 Days 10 - 16
- Family Fun in the Snow
- When is the Best Time to Decorate?
- Sibling Moments #25
- A Look Back at 2015
- Enjoying Lunch with Children
- A New Baby Gift Box
- House of Fraser Children's Clothing - Review
- My Little Pony The Crystal Empire DVD - Giveaway
- 366 Project 2016 Day 1 - 9
- Dining in Disney - Day 11
- The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo Boutique Experience at Mag...
- Disney Dining at Cinderella's Royal Table
- Florida Day 11 - Magic Kingdom & Universal Studios...
- 2015 in Photos
- 10 Things for 2016
- My December in Photos
- A New Year 2016 - What it Means to me
- The Week That Was The Last Week of The Year - 2015...
- ▼ January (33)
- ► 2015 (473)
- ► 2014 (505)
- ► 2013 (480)
- ► 2012 (364)
- ► 2011 (229)
- ► 2010 (101)