Burn's Day is something that I don't choose to celebrate but they do like to mark the occasion at school by letting the children wear something tartan and by serving haggis, neeps and tatties for lunch.
Z doesn't own anything tartan and wasn't keen on the offer of a tartan sash from one of the ladies in my placement but Miss C was rocking Burn's Day in her outfit...
This was taken before we had brushed her hair, just in case you think she goes to school with hair like that! That's only how it looks at the end of the school day.
I adore these tartan shorts which I got for her from Next maybe two years ago to wear at Christmas and they still fit her great. The black tights came with the shorts and her polo shirt and red jumper are both from George at Asda and are her usual school uniform clothes.
Aside from wearing tartan and eating haggis, neeps and tatties, we listened to some Scottish music and found out some facts about Robert Burns.
And for those of you wondering about haggis, it tastes a bit like spicy mince. It's not too bad at all and both Z and Miss C love it.
- Me & Mine 2016 - January
- Cuddles with a Cousin
- 366 Project 2016 Days 24 - 30
- My Travelling Pet Peeves
- Dining in Disney - Day 13
- Florida Day 13 - Magic Kingdom for our Last Day
- How to be a Better Parent
- Celebrating Burn's Day in Fashion
- Bedroom Looks Inspired by Next
- A Birthday Dinner with Friends
- 366 Project 2016 Days 17 - 23
- Playing in the Snow
- Dining in Disney - Day 12
- Florida Day 12 - The Little Mermaid Pool, Epcot an...
- 366 Project 2016 Days 10 - 16
- Family Fun in the Snow
- When is the Best Time to Decorate?
- Sibling Moments #25
- A Look Back at 2015
- Enjoying Lunch with Children
- A New Baby Gift Box
- House of Fraser Children's Clothing - Review
- My Little Pony The Crystal Empire DVD - Giveaway
- 366 Project 2016 Day 1 - 9
- Dining in Disney - Day 11
- The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo Boutique Experience at Mag...
- Disney Dining at Cinderella's Royal Table
- Florida Day 11 - Magic Kingdom & Universal Studios...
- 2015 in Photos
- 10 Things for 2016
- My December in Photos
- A New Year 2016 - What it Means to me
- The Week That Was The Last Week of The Year - 2015...
- ▼ January (33)
- ► 2015 (473)
- ► 2014 (505)
- ► 2013 (480)
- ► 2012 (364)
- ► 2011 (229)
- ► 2010 (101)