I literally would eat pasta every day of the week if I could. I love a bolognaise, a carbonara, something spicy, something creamy...if it has pasta in it, I'll eat it.
The only pasta I'm not keen on is macaroni and that's really because I don't like cheese sauce. I make my own cheese sauce for Husband and the kids and they love it but I always make myself something different. Sometimes I'll have a bit of salmon with a black pepper and lemon butter sauce mixed through some penne or fussilli but when I don't have fish, I make a simple pasta salad.
A couple of handfuls of your favourite pasta
A couple of handfuls of spinach
Some plum tomatoes, sliced in half
Some spring onions, chopped and sliced
A good dash of a balsamic vinaigrette
A tablespoon of olive oil
Salt and pepper to season
Let's cook it!
Cook your pasta as per the cooking instructions on the packet. Whilst it is cooking, chop up your spring onions and tomatoes. When the pasta is ready, drain it and sit it to the side. In a pan, heat your olive oil and then gently fry your spring onion, tomatoes and spinach, Add in your pasta after a few minutes and put a good amount of the balsamic vinaigrette in; maybe two tablespoons. Season with salt and pepper to your taste, give it a good stir and serve.
This is so simple to make and it tastes great hot or cold. I tend to make enough so that I can put a small amount in a container for my lunch at college the next day.
- Me & Mine 2016 - February
- 366 Project 2016 Days 52 - 58
- Perfect Brownies for Mother's Day
- What I Wore - 50th Birthday Party
- Dressing Husband with House of Fraser
- Strictly No Crocs - Book Review
- Family Fun at the Park
- 366 Project 2016 Days 45 - 51
- Disneyworld Art of Animation Room Tour - VLOG
- Springing in to Fashion with Vertbaudet
- Professor McQuark and the Oojamaflip - Book Review...
- Sibling Moments #26
- Will You Bee My Valentine?
- 366 Project 2016 Days 38 - 44
- Simple Pasta Salad - Recipe
- Fun Things to do During Half Term
- Hedgehugs Hopping Hot - Book Review
- Perfectly Easy Pancakes for Pancake Day
- Florida - The Last Day
- Z Makes his First Movie
- Her First Popstar Crush
- 366 Project 2016 Days 31 - 37
- SuperFairies - Book Review
- Caring for Pet Gerbils
- My January on Instagram
- Playmobil Easter Egg Unboxing
- ▼ February (26)
- ► 2015 (473)
- ► 2014 (506)
- ► 2013 (480)
- ► 2012 (364)
- ► 2011 (229)
- ► 2010 (101)