Love has been in the air in our house for the passed few days. Starting on Friday, the kids had a Valentines disco at school. Miss C was really looking forward to not having to do any work and going for a dance with her friends but Z was feeling a bit worried about it as a girl had asked him to go to the disco with her. He hadn't made up his mind by the time I dropped him off at school on Friday morning.
When I picked them up from school, along with Miss C's best friend who was coming for dinner, they told me all about the disco. They had had a great time, dancing to 1D and playing games. Z was mortified to tell me that the girl who had asked him to the disco kissed him on the cheek and chased him around the gym hall. I'm not sure if he just put on a mortified front and he had secretly enjoyed the attention but he was left with the decision of whether he would be her boyfriend! They are growing up far too fast.
Miss C presented me with this Valentines card which I thought was really cute.
And then I emptied her bag to find another Valentines card from...her own boyfriend! Apparently they are getting married so at least he's in it for the long haul! I asked her if she wanted to give him a Tatty Teddy bear as a present back and she said no, instead giving it to her best friend. Sisters before Misters indeed!
Valentines Day is just another day for Husband and I. Through our own love story we've done the cards, flowers and gifts, the romantic dinners, the nights out. It's not that we don't want to celebrate the day; we just don't see the need in going over the top for one day when we tell each other and show each other we love one another all the time.
However, Husband did bring us some Krispy Kreme doughnuts and, as any good man knows, the way to a girl's heart is through her stomach...with cake!
- Me & Mine 2016 - February
- 366 Project 2016 Days 52 - 58
- Perfect Brownies for Mother's Day
- What I Wore - 50th Birthday Party
- Dressing Husband with House of Fraser
- Strictly No Crocs - Book Review
- Family Fun at the Park
- 366 Project 2016 Days 45 - 51
- Disneyworld Art of Animation Room Tour - VLOG
- Springing in to Fashion with Vertbaudet
- Professor McQuark and the Oojamaflip - Book Review...
- Sibling Moments #26
- Will You Bee My Valentine?
- 366 Project 2016 Days 38 - 44
- Simple Pasta Salad - Recipe
- Fun Things to do During Half Term
- Hedgehugs Hopping Hot - Book Review
- Perfectly Easy Pancakes for Pancake Day
- Florida - The Last Day
- Z Makes his First Movie
- Her First Popstar Crush
- 366 Project 2016 Days 31 - 37
- SuperFairies - Book Review
- Caring for Pet Gerbils
- My January on Instagram
- Playmobil Easter Egg Unboxing
- ▼ February (26)
- ► 2015 (473)
- ► 2014 (505)
- ► 2013 (480)
- ► 2012 (364)
- ► 2011 (229)
- ► 2010 (101)