It's funny how something as ordinary as having your dinner can be made to be something really special and enjoyable to do as a family.
Last Sunday, Easter Sunday, we decided to treat ourselves to some filet steak for dinner. The kids love filet steak, as do Husband and I. It is definitely a treat because Husband usually buys quite a thick cut which costs a fair bit but it is cheaper than going out to a restaurant and buying a filet steak. Husband can also cook them a perfect medium rare!
The steak was served with broccoli, baby corns, roast potatoes and my homemade peppercorn sauce. It was so tasty, we all cleared our plates.
After dinner, I decided to make the kids a special dessert I had seen many a times across social media and one that I thought was very apt for Easter Sunday. I got two Cadburys Easter eggs, cut them in half so we each had one half and filled it with vanilla ice cream, toffee sauce and fudge pieces. The kids thought this was the best dessert ever even though it was the simplest thing to put together.
We were absolutely stuffed after such a good Easter Sunday meal.
Linking up to The Ordinary Moments, hosted by Mummy Daddy Me.
- Me & Mine 2016 - April
- Funny Things My Kids Say #41
- One Month From 7
- Beginning a New Chapter
- Will Our Bathroom Kill Us?
- The Importance of Play-dates
- 366 Project 2016 - Days 108 - 114
- Simple Smoothies for Spring - Recipe
- The Nightmare Journey to a New Bathroom
- The Charm Works - Review
- Surviving Going Back to School After a Half Term
- One on One Time
- 366 Project 2016 Days 101 - 107
- Sibling Moments #28
- Disneyworld's Magic Kingdom - The Best Bits
- On Fondly Remembering
- Finding Fairies on a Fairy Trail
- Caring for a Horse
- Remembering Moments and Cherishing Memories
- 366 Project 2016 Days 94 - 100
- Essential Items from the Next Mid Season Sale
- Horse riding: First Lesson in the Field
- My March on Instagram
- Preparing Our Garden For Summer
- The Importance of Family
- Oh I Do Love to be Beside the Seaside
- A Special Easter Treat
- 366 Project 2016 Days 87 - 93
- ▼ April (28)
- ► 2015 (473)
- ► 2014 (505)
- ► 2013 (480)
- ► 2012 (364)
- ► 2011 (229)
- ► 2010 (101)