Friday, 15 April 2016
Sibling Moments #28
Half term means these two spend a lot more time together. Sometimes they get on great and they'll play away together for hours and hours. Other times, they argue or moan about each other and I often have to play referee (or hide in my office).
For the first week of half term, they hardly saw one another. Z had Karate camp and his best friend over 3 out of 5 days and Miss C spent the full week at the stables. When they met again at tea time, they chatted excitedly about their days.
On Sunday, the sun was shining so we headed out to the park and went on a fairy trail. Z lead the way and Miss C followed. She was more excited than Z was about finding fairies but he was great at helping her read and give her clues as to where she might find the next door. When they are like this together, it is so sweet and makes me so happy and proud.
The second week has been a lot more chilled out. We haven't had to rush to get ready in the morning so I've enjoyed a fair few lie ins. The weather hasn't been great though which has meant we've spent a lot of time indoors meaning they've been in close proximity of each other. They have squabbled loads. They are both as bad as each other when it comes to being stubborn and raising their voices. I think it's because they are both Gemini and have that split personality thing going on! It usually ends in tears from one or the other.
But I wouldn't change their relationship. They argue and fight just like any siblings should but they always, always make up within a few minutes and it is as if nothing ever happened because they are so close.
I'm not sure how 7 weeks of Summer holidays is going to go but what has been lovely from spending this half term with them is seeing them talk and play so well together and being grown up enough to say sorry to one another when it hasn't gone so well.
- Me & Mine 2016 - April
- Funny Things My Kids Say #41
- One Month From 7
- Beginning a New Chapter
- Will Our Bathroom Kill Us?
- The Importance of Play-dates
- 366 Project 2016 - Days 108 - 114
- Simple Smoothies for Spring - Recipe
- The Nightmare Journey to a New Bathroom
- The Charm Works - Review
- Surviving Going Back to School After a Half Term
- One on One Time
- 366 Project 2016 Days 101 - 107
- Sibling Moments #28
- Disneyworld's Magic Kingdom - The Best Bits
- On Fondly Remembering
- Finding Fairies on a Fairy Trail
- Caring for a Horse
- Remembering Moments and Cherishing Memories
- 366 Project 2016 Days 94 - 100
- Essential Items from the Next Mid Season Sale
- Horse riding: First Lesson in the Field
- My March on Instagram
- Preparing Our Garden For Summer
- The Importance of Family
- Oh I Do Love to be Beside the Seaside
- A Special Easter Treat
- 366 Project 2016 Days 87 - 93
- ▼ April (28)
- ► 2015 (473)
- ► 2014 (505)
- ► 2013 (480)
- ► 2012 (364)
- ► 2011 (229)
- ► 2010 (101)