As the better weather arrives, I start to feel like I want to eat healthier. I find it hard to just sit and eat fruit though so the best way I've found to try and get a good intake of fruit is by making myself some smoothies.
I bought myself a smoothie maker ages ago and I have to say, I've definitely gotten my money's worth with the amount I use it in the Spring and Summer. The kids love the smoothies too, especially if I pour some mixture into the ice lolly moulds and freeze them. A very healthy and refreshing treat for those warmer days.
My favourite smoothie is probably something with lots of different fruits in it but the one I've been having the most recently is a strawberry, raspberry, mango and banana smoothie. It's quite filling and really yummy.
A handful of raspberries
1 teaspoon of honey
Half a glass of orange juice (you could use any kind of juice though)
I put all of the ingredients into my blender, press the smoothie option and let it do the work.
I know some people add ice, natural yogurt and even protein mix into their smoothies to fill them up even more but I like the juice because it makes it a bit smoother. I also don't like really, really cold drinks so ice is a no-go!
What are your favourite smoothie mixes? I'd love to find some different recipes to try!
- Me & Mine 2016 - April
- Funny Things My Kids Say #41
- One Month From 7
- Beginning a New Chapter
- Will Our Bathroom Kill Us?
- The Importance of Play-dates
- 366 Project 2016 - Days 108 - 114
- Simple Smoothies for Spring - Recipe
- The Nightmare Journey to a New Bathroom
- The Charm Works - Review
- Surviving Going Back to School After a Half Term
- One on One Time
- 366 Project 2016 Days 101 - 107
- Sibling Moments #28
- Disneyworld's Magic Kingdom - The Best Bits
- On Fondly Remembering
- Finding Fairies on a Fairy Trail
- Caring for a Horse
- Remembering Moments and Cherishing Memories
- 366 Project 2016 Days 94 - 100
- Essential Items from the Next Mid Season Sale
- Horse riding: First Lesson in the Field
- My March on Instagram
- Preparing Our Garden For Summer
- The Importance of Family
- Oh I Do Love to be Beside the Seaside
- A Special Easter Treat
- 366 Project 2016 Days 87 - 93
- ▼ April (28)
- ► 2015 (473)
- ► 2014 (505)
- ► 2013 (480)
- ► 2012 (364)
- ► 2011 (229)
- ► 2010 (101)