Sunday, 1 May 2016

366 Project 2016 Days 115 - 121

On Sunday, we woke up in our hotel room and wondered to ourselves why we actually decided to spend the night there. The kids had wakened quite early which woke us of course. They were up and down like yo-yos and Husband hadn't slept most of the night. After a shower, we met up with my Stepdad in the reception and headed to the restaurant for a big breakfast. The kids had cereal and pancakes whilst Husband and my Stepdad tucked in to a full English breakfast. I had some cereal and a croissant with a latte; I don't eat fried breakfasts even if they are grilled. We headed back home to have a chilled out afternoon of movies and cake. After dinner, it was time for my Stepdad to head back to the hotel and get ready for his flight the next morning. We were sad to see him go.

On Monday, I started my day off with a yummy smoothie. It was back to placement and school and, as always, the day went in quickly which I think is a sure sign that you enjoy what you do and I really do love going to placement. I'd rather go there four days a week than do two days at college. My dream is a reality this week as I'm actually going to be working in a nursery two days this week! Proper work with proper money at the end of it. I can't wait!

Tuesday was another quick day. It was so cold though, I had to put the heating back on. We had our favourite dinner of spaghetti bolognaise. It was delicious! Husband had to work late and didn't get back home until I was in bed!

It was my day off on Wednesday so I dropped the kids off at school and spent the morning doing college work. In the afternoon, before I had to pick the kids up, I caught up with Hollyoaks. When we got home, Miss C decided she wanted to do some STEM related activities and built her little guinea pig a two-storey paper apartment. She did a pretty good job considering what she was working with.

On Thursday, I had my first day of proper work in almost two years. It went quick and I really enjoyed myself. Husband had taken the day off work as the builders were finally back to start work on our bathroom again. The house was a mess when I got in but the bathroom did have four new walls, ready to be tiled! It's progress! I made salmon pasta for dinner which was delicious!

On Friday, I was working again! Just for the afternoon but it was still fab. The builders were in again to sort out the bathroom. The plumber came in and sorted out all of our pipes and fixtures and put our bath back in. The painter also arrived to paint my downstairs bathroom and office. We chose two different colours from what was already in there and, when I came back from work, I wasn't sure if I liked them. We'll see if they grow on us. We played a game of Pie Face after dinner which caused much hilarity!

On Saturday, Husband had to go to work with no time as to when he would be home. So the kids and I spent the day doing the chores, getting the shopping, going to Karate and taking a big walk into town to visit the library. We were knackered by the time we got home! We had our pizza for dinner and then watched Monsters Inc. I had a snooze on the couch!

No comments:

Previous Posts