Sunday, 19 June 2016

366 Project 2016 Days 164 - 170

Last Sunday, we spent a quiet day at home, recovering after a night with friends. We went for a bike ride to get some lunch in town and then came home to chill for the rest of the afternoon. The day was pretty much powered by junk food and America's Next Top Model. I was also quite excited about the new sandals Charlotte chose from Next.

On Monday, it was my first official day working as an Early Years Practitioner. We had breakfast a bit earlier as I had to drop the kids off at my friend's house so she could take them to school for me. I started work at 8.30am and finished at 4pm. I was knackered!

On Tuesday, after another busy day at work, I picked the kids up from my friend's house and I made a spaghetti carbonara for dinner. It was delicious!

On Wednesday, it was outdoor learning day so I was out all day. It was a lot of fun and I was ready for bed when I got home. After school, the kids played outside but there was an accident with one of Charlotte's Schleich horses and Zachary's football. It didn't end well for the horse!

By Thursday, I was really ready for the weekend to arrive. As much as I love what I'm doing, I haven't worked full time in almost 9 years so I was really feeling it. And I was missing the kids a lot. Charlotte brought home a lovely word flower from school where her teacher and some of her friends had written positive words to describe her. It was really sweet!

On Friday, after another full day of work, I came home to find the kids playing and Husband doing the hoovering. We decided to order Chinese for dinner to celebrate my first full week of work and for the kids getting fantastic reports at school. I had beef satay and it was really, really good.

I had been so looking forward to sleeping a bit later than 6am on Saturday but I ended up awake at 6am! Thankfully I managed to fall back asleep for a couple of hours. Zachary went to Karate whilst Charlotte and I went to get our shopping. We spent the afternoon at home; Husband put up our marquee so the kids could play in the shade. My friend came over with her daughter, who stayed for tea and kept the kids company whilst Husband finished off the downstairs bathroom and I cleared out Charlotte's wardrobe. We had our dinner outside which was lovely!

No comments:

Previous Posts