Wednesday, 15 June 2016
Sibling Moments #30
Having siblings who are close in age can work one of two ways; great or not so great.
Zachary and Charlotte are exactly 1 year and 361 days apart in age. There was a fear that Charlotte was going to be born on Zachary's birthday with her due date being 5 days after his birthday. She decided to come early though otherwise they would have been 2 years apart.
Life with a toddler and a newborn was not so great. I mean, it wasn't bad or anything, it was just hard. Really hard. Zachary was never jealous of Charlotte; in fact, he wasn't interested in her but he did enjoy her toys and baby bath. He would quite happily sit with a book or watch Mickey Mouse whilst I fed Charlotte for what seemed to be a full day in one sitting. But if one didn't need your attention for something, the other did.
It got easier as they got older and now, mostly, they get on great. What I love about them being so close is that they enjoy similar things together so it makes it easier to just let them get on with it whilst I catch up on housework or Hollyoaks.
The better weather also seems to help their relationship. They absolutely love spending time together in the pool. They are out in it from 11am right through until 6pm, only breaking for food and ice cream.
Sadly the sunshine has left us for now and so has their great friendship; they were arguing over who got to keep the Minecraft horse and osolot at bed time on Monday.
- School is Out For Summer
- Me & Mine 2016 - June
- A New WC
- Sunrise at 6am
- 366 Project 2016 Days 171 - 177
- Funny Things My Kids Say - The EU Edition
- PLAYMOBIL to Launch Ghostbusters Toy Line
- Reflection on a First Week
- 366 Project 2016 Days 164 - 170
- A Dad
- Pampering Products for Father's Day
- Sibling Moments #30
- What to get a 9 Year Old for Their Birthday
- The Final Day
- 366 Project 2016 Days 157 - 163
- Disneyworld's Hollywood Studios - The Best Bits
- Dressing the Kids for Summer
- One Final Day
- Today Was Your Date
- What to get a 7 Year Old for Their Birthday
- 366 Project 2016 Days 150 - 156
- First Place in the 3 Legged Race
- Having Fun in the Pool
- A Delicious Birthday Celebration
- The Hard Work Paid Off
- An Interview with my 9 Year Old
- You are Nine
- ▼ June (27)
- ► 2015 (473)
- ► 2014 (505)
- ► 2013 (480)
- ► 2012 (364)
- ► 2011 (229)
- ► 2010 (101)