It's an exciting feeling when you have a weekend break or a holiday to look forward to. You pack your cases, make sure you have your passports, currency, itinerary, travel insurance and you might share your plans with friends and family on social media. But what about your home?
Imagine being away somewhere, enjoying the food, drink, culture and scenery to return home and find that the worst has happened to your house. It would definitely put a dampener on your relaxed and refreshed self! To give you a bit more piece of mind, Chill Insurance have shared their tips for keeping you home safe whilst you are away:
These are very similar to my own tips that we follow whenever we go away:
Invest in an alarm system
This might seem like a pricey option however in the grand scheme of things, it is an investment for the long haul and it often reduces your insurance premiums if you have a security alarm fitted in your home.
Check for a neighbourhood watch scheme
If you don't have a neighbourhood watch scheme, perhaps you have a neighbour you can leave a key with so they can check on your home, pick up your post and open/close your curtains for you.
Ask someone to house-sit
If you have a friend who could come and stay at your house, great! We often get someone to stay at our house because it means we don't have to put the cats into a cattery and we know there is always someone to keep an eye on things.
Set timers or turn off electrics
I turn everything off before we go away. I'm a bit paranoid like that. It also saves a bit of money!
Check your home insurance is up to date and valid
If your home insurance is up for renewal, you can check on sites such as Chill.ie to find yourself the best deal. Make sure you have the best cover you can afford and always keep receipts for items in your home. You could even make a photograph album on your laptop, PC or phone so that you have evidence of what you owned if anything is stolen from your property,
- Trying to Eat Healthly
- A Checklist for Buying a New Dog
- Me & Mine 2016 - August
- Dark Skies Looming
- I Do Love My Horse - Day 243
- 366 Project 2016 Days 236 - 242
- He Was a Beautiful Butterfly
- Finding the Balance
- Tips for Saving for that Special Purchase
- Keeping Your Home Safe Whilst You're Away
- Getting the Chop
- Pre-owned Luxury and Designer Products
- Thaikhun Restaurant - Review
- Dipping Toes in the Ocean
- 366 Project 2016 Days 228 - 235
- Animal Jam Toy Range - Review
- Sibling Moments #32
- Laughing and Playing Games
- 366 Project 2016 Days 221 - 227
- Startrite School Shoes - My First Impressions
- Pokemon Hunting at Dumfries House
- Disneyworld's Animal Kingdom - The Best Bits
- 366 Project 2016 Days 214 - 220
- Taking Flight
- Tips for Easy and Tasty Packed Lunches
- What Would I Change About me?
- Kids Books from Sweet Cherry Publishing - Review
- A Lunch Date
- ▼ August (31)
- ► 2015 (473)
- ► 2014 (505)
- ► 2013 (480)
- ► 2012 (364)
- ► 2011 (229)
- ► 2010 (101)