Wednesday, 31 August 2016
Me & Mine 2016 - August
Nothing like a last minute photo rush! The kids were in the their PJs, just about to go to bed to read their books on Sunday night when I remembered we hadn't taken our family photo for August and it was really the only chance we would have to take it before the end of the month.
August has been one of the quickest months of the year for us. It started off with day trips with family for the kids and preparing for back to school. Mid August, it was time to go back to school and for me to go back to work, and it has been pretty much work and school for the rest of the month. I have a feeling that September will be much the same as I count down the days until my 31st birthday.
Working full time has got me pretty exhausted at the end of each day but I am loving it. Of course I miss doing the school run with the kids and it makes the time at the weekend even more important. I had my hair cut this month; a good 4 inches taken off it. I'm still getting used to it and I think I'll grow it back again as I like having long hair.
Husband has been, as always, working hard. He has also been very motivated and has been going to the gym on a regular basis.
Zachary has been enjoying reading The Minecraft Chronicles series. He found the books in Tesco, read the first book in two days and bought himself book two and three a few weekends ago. School wise, he's settling into Primary 6 and seems to like his new teacher.
Charlotte lost her front top tooth this month. It had been hanging there for awhile and eventually fell out on Saturday. I always think they look so strange with gaps in their mouth where teeth have come out and the new ones aren't through yet. Charlotte also had her haircut. She wanted a bob but we settled on just below the shoulders.
This photo was taken when we went to Thaikhun for dinner. It's a bit grainy because of the lighting but it's such a great photo of us all, enjoying a family meal together. And, as you can see from the two photos, Charlotte and I weren't the only ones to have our hair done this month.
- Trying to Eat Healthly
- A Checklist for Buying a New Dog
- Me & Mine 2016 - August
- Dark Skies Looming
- I Do Love My Horse - Day 243
- 366 Project 2016 Days 236 - 242
- He Was a Beautiful Butterfly
- Finding the Balance
- Tips for Saving for that Special Purchase
- Keeping Your Home Safe Whilst You're Away
- Getting the Chop
- Pre-owned Luxury and Designer Products
- Thaikhun Restaurant - Review
- Dipping Toes in the Ocean
- 366 Project 2016 Days 228 - 235
- Animal Jam Toy Range - Review
- Sibling Moments #32
- Laughing and Playing Games
- 366 Project 2016 Days 221 - 227
- Startrite School Shoes - My First Impressions
- Pokemon Hunting at Dumfries House
- Disneyworld's Animal Kingdom - The Best Bits
- 366 Project 2016 Days 214 - 220
- Taking Flight
- Tips for Easy and Tasty Packed Lunches
- What Would I Change About me?
- Kids Books from Sweet Cherry Publishing - Review
- A Lunch Date
- ▼ August (31)
- ► 2015 (473)
- ► 2014 (505)
- ► 2013 (480)
- ► 2012 (364)
- ► 2011 (229)
- ► 2010 (101)