Saturday, 31 December 2016
Me & Mine 2016 - December
As we do every December for Me & Mine, our photos were taken in our Christmas jumpers beside our Christmas tree. It's our tradition and one I can't see us outgrowing any time soon.
This December has been quite different from last December. Working full time meant the countdown to Christmas absolutely flew in. I feel like I blinked and it was Christmas Eve. It was filled with nativities, Christmas parties and lots of chocolates. My poor waist line.
Husband and I loved seeing Charlotte in her last ever nativity show at school. It was a wonderful performance and all of the children did a great job. It was emotional too. As much as I'll have years of nativities to look forward to, none of them will involve my own children anymore. But I have the wonderful memories of Zachary as an Innkeeper and Charlotte as Mary.
We had weekends filled with Christmas activities and shopping. We headed to the city centre to explore the markets, ride the carousel and drink hot chocolate. Charlotte made some sugar cookies for Santa and Zachary and Husband went to the cinema to see Rogue One...not very festive but it was a Christmas treat. We watched our favourite Christmas movies and ate far too many sweets.
Christmas Day was wonderful. We had an early start but it was worth it to see the kids excited for opening their presents. They received so many lovely gifts from our family and our wonderful friends and their amazing God Parents. They are so very lucky. Our meal was delicious and we finished the night with more sweets and champagne.
The most important part of our Christmas was spending it as a family. It would be amazing to have all of our immediate family over but we really do cherish our time as a family of four.
You always think Christmas as a child is the most exciting thing ever until you have children and realise that seeing Christmas through their eyes is even more exciting.
I can't wait to see what 2017 holds for us. We're heading into the New Year with amazing memories and a home filled with happiness, health and love. What more could you ask for?
- Me & Mine - A Round up of 2016
- Me & Mine 2016 - December
- She Rode Bareback
- Focus on the Good, Capture the Best
- An Unexpected Extra
- Sharing A Bed
- Christmas Day 2016
- Boxing Day Dinner
- Zachary's Christmas Wish List
- Charlotte's Christmas Wish List
- Christmas Eve Eve
- Christmas Party Round Two OOTD
- Christmas Wish List - A Bit of Luxury
- What I Ate Wednesday
- Christmas Party OOTD
- Away With the Unicorns
- Christmas Night Out
- Malteser Meringue Pudding
- Movies For Her Gift Guide
- Bath Bombs and Cookie Dough
- The Scent of Christmas
- Christmas Wish List £50 - £250
- Sibling Moments #36
- Miserable Weather and The Last Nativity
- Christmas Wish List - Under £50
- Christmas Jumpers Rule OK!
- I Just Love it: Personalised Gifts - Review
- Porridge Made Easy - Recipe
- Redoxon - Review
- Horses and Hamburgers
- The Little Hut
- Christmas Cards and New Hair
- All I Want for Christmas is...
- By the Light of the Christmas Tree
- Festive T-Shirts
- Funny Things My Kids Say #43
- Smiggle Stationery - Review
- A Frosty Start
- Footie Fanatic
- Snow Peaks
- Fun in George Square
- It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas
- Let's Begin Advent
- ▼ December (43)
- ► 2015 (473)
- ► 2014 (505)
- ► 2013 (480)
- ► 2012 (364)
- ► 2011 (229)
- ► 2010 (101)