There is a lot more to me than baking cupcakes and then eating them afterwards. My name is Laura, I'm in my 20s, I'm a full time student studying Early Education and Childcare but I'm also a freelance writer. I have 2 children, Wee Z, my 7 year old boy and Miss C, my 5 year old girl. We also have 3 cats. I've grown up around the world, I have more immediate family than I have fingers to count them with and I was once in a local paper for singing Old MacDonald at the age of 4 in a Spanish Karaoke bar.
I started blogging in July 2009 and after spending a few minutes deciding on the name for my new online diary, I came up with Yummy Mummy Flabby Tummy. Never once would I ever refer to myself as a Yummy Mummy because I definitely do not see myself that way however having had 2 children, my tummy is not quite what it used to be and as many mums before and after me will tell you, the best word to describe a post-pregnancy tummy is flabby. I also like that it rhymes...
Blogging is a lot of fun and offers me the opportunity to have a hobby when I'm stuck in the house with the kids in bed and Husband out at work. It can be as addictive as drink but a lot healthier on the liver. The main reason I keep my blog is so that I can remember the things my children do everyday and I can't wait to read back on our adventures in years to come.
We've been lucky to have been chosen as Toys R Us Toyologists for 2012 and Playmobil Playologists for 2013.
Wee Z's favourite thing to do is learn. He is a child with a higher learning potential or a gifted/able child. He loves Math, Science, reading and writing, Geography...anything to do with learning and he loves it. He loves his Lego too. He enjoys his swimming lessons and is a green belt in Karate.
Miss C is a girly girl. She loves Disney Princesses, Disney films, Playmobil and anything to do with animals. She started horse riding at the beginning of the year and is fast becoming a confident rider. Horses are definitely her "thing". She loves to come shopping for clothes and shoes for herself and is a huge fan of Build-a-Bear.
Lastly, here are 7 things (as 7 is my favourite number; I don't know why though - maybe cause it looks like an upside down L?) about me that you might like to know:
- I love karaoke and I have been singing since I was really young. Whether I'm good or not is left to be decided but I do enjoy having a sing-song every now and then.
- My favourite TV shows are America's Next Top Model, Laguna Beach and The Hills. Oh and Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
- I'd love to live in Suburbia like the Desperate Housewives...without all the murderers and scandal of course.
- I love to cook and try new recipes. I just wish my lot weren't such fussy eaters!
- My dream car is an Audi R8 Spyder V10, it's gorgeous. Or I'd have Bumblebee from Transformers. My real life car is a BMW called Barney.
- I really don't like films with robots in them, except for Transformers of course, but they are cars really. Robots really freak me out.
- I'd love to live abroad again. I'm not sure where; convincing Husband to move might be tough, but it would be a sunny place near the beach with plenty of pastries.
I can be contacted for anything relating to my blog by email lilw2(at)hotmail(dot)com