There is a lot more to me than baking cupcakes and then eating them afterwards. My name is Laura, I'm in my 20s, I work part time but I'm also a freelance writer and I have 2 children, Wee Z, my 6 year old boy and Miss C, my 4 year old girl. We also have 3 cats. I've grown up around the world, I have more immediate family than I have fingers to count them with and I was once in a local paper for singing Old MacDonald at the age of 4 in a Spanish Karaoke bar.
I started blogging in July 2009 and after spending a few minutes deciding on the name for my new online diary, I came up with Yummy Mummy Flabby Tummy. Never once would I ever refer to myself as a Yummy Mummy because I definitely do not see myself that way however having had 2 children, my tummy is not quite what it used to be and as many mums before and after me will tell you, the best word to describe a post-pregnancy tummy is flabby. I also like that it rhymes...
Blogging is a lot of fun and offers me the opportunity to have a hobby when I'm stuck in the house with the kids in bed and Husband out at work. It can be as addicitve as drink but a lot healthier on the liver. The main reason I keep my blog is so that I can remember the things my children do everyday and I can't wait to read back on our adventures in years to come.
We've been lucky to have been chosen as Toys R Us Toyologists for 2012 and Playmobil Playologists for 2013.
Wee Z's favourite thing to do is learn. He loves word puzzles and numbers. He loves jigsaws and can read himself so always has his nose stuck in a book or an encyclopedia. He loves Ben 10, Lego and Scrabble. He has just finished reading the Secret Seven books and is now working his way through The Chronicles of Narnia.
Miss C is a girly girl. She loves her babies, her animals and her dressing up clothes. She also loves to read and do jigsaws. Peppa Pig is her favourite as she loves pigs and has already asked to have a pet one that she can keep in her baby pram like the little girl in the film, Charlotte's Web.
Lastly, here are 7 things (as 7 is my favourite number; I don't know why though - maybe cause it looks like an upside down L?) about me that you might like to know:
- I love karaoke and I have been singing since I was really young. Whether I'm good or not is left to be decided but I do enjoy having a sing-song every now and then.
- My favourite TV shows are America's Next Top Model, Laguna Beach and The Hills. Oh and Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
- I'd love to live in Suburbia like the Desperate Housewives...without all the murderers and scandal of course.
- I love to cook and try new recipes. I just wish my lot weren't such fussy eaters!
- My dream car is an Audi R8 Spyder V10, it's gorgeous. Or I'd have Bumblebee from Transformers. My real life car is a BMW 3 series called Bertie.
- I really don't like films with robots in them, except for Transformers of course, but they are cars really. Robots really freak me out.
- I'd love to live abroad again. I'm not sure where; convincing Husband to move might be tough, but it would be a sunny place near the beach with plenty of pastries.
I can be contacted for anything relating to my blog by email lilw2(at)hotmail(dot)com